Chatroom

Oh no! That’s absolutely tragic news. Heartfelt sympathies to all your family.

Hi everyone,

I'm Colin's brother and I'm very sorry to have to tell you all that Colin sadly passed away this morning in hospital. It came as a major shock to us all and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

:(:(

Ahh, ffs.

Thoughts with you and your family at this time. Deserves a thread of its own that so people can pay respects

Shocking news. Sincere condolences to all of your family Stav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really don't know what to say. Col did SO MUCH for everyone after the breakup of the Ch4 racing forum. Sad, sad news. RIP Col and condolences to his family.

Like others above, I really do not know what to say but sincere condolences to you and your family. I’d known Colin over 10 years through forums and he will be sorely, sorely missed.

Rest easy Colin and thank you so very much for everything you did.

Ah I am gutted Col was very good to me over the years I know he lived not far from me in Sunderland and we had said we should meet up sometime.

A mark of the guy he was that he bothered himself when so unwell to open the live chatroom last Sunday.

Thanks for the memories and my sincere condolences to all his family.

R.I.P Col

Last edited:
I’m so very sorry, Stav. I hope your family can recover from this tragic loss.

Colin did so much for all of us, and is a huge loss to the TRF family.

RIP, Colin.

I am so so sorry to hear this desperate news. All thoughts with you and all the family.

He was so good and kind to everyone on here, and privately too. Such a good soul.

This is such a shock and so sad. Love to you and all his family xx

Echo all the sentiments above. Never knew Col, but he was a big help to me,on occasion.
Thanks and RIP.

Last edited:
So, so sorry to hear this. Colin did such a lot for the forum and will be sadly missed. Deepest condolences to you and your family.
Rest easy, Colin.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this -he provided us all with a great service and was very diplomatic when it came to disputes.May he rest in peace.

News like this puts life (and Cheltenham) in perspective. I haven't posted for a while, but felt compelled to pay my respects when I heard this tragic news.

I can't believe Col is gone. While I never knew or met him in person, as far as this forum goes he was a gentleman and someone who gave generously to others.

My deepest sympathies to all his friends and family.

R.I.P. [emoji174]

Hi everyone,

I'm Colin's brother and I'm very sorry to have to tell you all that Colin sadly passed away this morning in hospital. It came as a major shock to us all and it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

:(:(

So sorry to have learned of this a short time ago.

The only consolence I can offer is that your brother Colin managed - somehow - to create a community where a common interest could be discussed, through the voices of many different personalities. And not only did he manage that, he arbitrated the entire community with the lightest of touch, and the best of example.

I hope your family find some comfort in the fact that your brother’s efforts have forged many friendships amongst people who would otherwise never have met - and I can’t think of any better legacy.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Absolutely stunned to read this. My deepest condolences to his family. I am just at a loss for words really.

Desperately saddened by this. I only had a private message with him at the weekend. He was planning to start his own blog on the 2yo scene. He asked me what I thought.

I know he was very ill two years ago and hence I helped out on his FSS threads. He was very down at times but he seemed particularly positive lately.

Terrible news.

Probably the only reason i stayed on the forum because of Colin,as he could see through all the crap that used to on here a genuine lovely person,i personally feel sick to my stomach as was only messaging him monday night...Hard to rely and trust people on the net,and i used to confide in him alot RIP Col..

Back