Cheltenham 2015 - Day 1 - Place your bets

Thank Gawd she's ok that was a bad fall.........4 timer looked on for all money..........unlucky those who did it must have saved the bookies millions

Douvan, Faugheen and glens melody w/o fav. Trixie
Ew trebles on Lami Serge, TNO/Jezki and Glens Melody
Smashing ew win part back if fav wins
Mendip Express ew
Keltus in the last ew

Then backed Douvan, Faugheen and Annie Power at the enhanced prices this am.

The day revolves around Douvan winning and Glens melody placing/coming second to annie power.

Well done Del.

Horses aren't machines. They're travelling at around 30mph and they're unpredictable. Ruby was riding her to pop it, a reasonable decision based on the way she had jumped the last in a couple of her previous races. She was still tanking and came up a stride too early. Nobody's fault, just one of those things.

Horses aren't machines. They're travelling at around 30mph and they're unpredictable. Ruby was riding her to pop it, a reasonable decision based on the way she had jumped the last in a couple of her previous races. She was still tanking and came up a stride too early. Nobody's fault, just one of those things.

Completely agree with that. Anyone saying otherwise is just talking out of their empty pocket.

In fact watching it again, I'm not entirely sure she didn't do a Dayjur and take off where the shadow of the hurdle began.

Douvan
Un De Sceaux
Cape Tribulation ew
Faugheen
Glen's Melody w/o Annie Power
Cause Of Causes ew
Irish Cavalier ew
ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE DAY. Providing I don't go silly like I did last year after Vautour and lost my head in the bumper I can't lose this week. Love it.

That's an outstanding day. Well done. Please feel free to post your selections for tomorrow now!

Well done Del.

Thanks lad, Trixie saved the day. Dissappointed to lose Glens Melody in ew multis, although have artic fire, glens melody and Champagne Fever in an ew treble for tomorrow.

Feel for everyone on Annie Power, I would have loved to have seen it win, as long as Glens finished second!

Thanks lad, Trixie saved the day. Dissappointed to lose Glens Melody in ew multis, although have artic fire, glens melody and Champagne Fever in an ew treble for tomorrow.

Feel for everyone on Annie Power, I would have loved to have seen it win, as long as Glens finished second!

Annie let me down for a big pay out. But still a great day including tri cast on CH

You can't really Simon, Harry Fry's horses have been running like drains since he pulled Rock On Ruby out last week

I fancied Jollyallan a bit but had my doubts about the wellbeing of Fry's. Seems that may have been right with that one and Mendip Express running well below par

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking day for me. Onwards and Upwards!

Just a note to mention Paul Townend who I thought was Excellent today on all his rides.
Often goes unmentioned due to the brilliance of Ruby, but I really thought he was a class act today.

Thought it may be useful to have one thread each day for our Cheltenham bets. So we can congratulate/ridicule afterwards :lol:

Ok, so i've backed these to varying degrees and have some AP positions as well but my main bet of the day is a treble on UDS, Faugheen and Annie Power. I've been burned too many times in the Supreme.....

My selections:

Shaneshill e/w
Un De Sceaux (I've backed Josses Hill e/w ante post and Three Kingdoms e/w ante post but id take the place for the latter now!! If UDS stands up he will win)
What A Warrior e/w
Faugheen
Annie Power
Thunder and Roses e/w
Leap Dearg e/w

Good luck everyone.

Watched the replays when i got home... Sick.

It was going so well after the first 4 races... I'd almost given Annie the race...

Congratulations to Simon, incredible tipping!!

Back