Cheltenham 2019 Festival Going & Weather

Listening to Paul Nolan on RTE radio 1 this morning they do not know yet which ferry will carry them tonight; Dublin or Rosslare.
Wonder if any irish runners are drifting due to this.
Countrywide farming programme came from his yard this morning and is worth a listen.
Willie's first box went this morning and arrived in the last hour.
https://twitter.com/CheltenhamRaces

40mph is the wind speed at which Cheltenham fret about temporary structures. Forecast suggests it could go above that today and again during the week. :ninja:

Latest forecast suggests 50-55mph winds

Last edited:
Cheltenham 2019 Festival Going & Weather

40mph is the wind speed at which Cheltenham fret about temporary structures. Forecast suggests it could go above that today and again during the week. :ninja:

Latest forecast suggests 50-55mph winds

Where abouts are you getting that report from DG? Met office has Wednesday as the worst day with 50mph gusts possible before noon and back to 40-45mph for racing. Still very windy but hopefully not enough to cancel anything.

What were the wind speeds in 2008 can anyone remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I spent that day in Wetherspoons so needless to say can’t remember much about it.

Latest going issued at 7.36am

Old Course, Good to Soft, Soft in places. GoingStick: reading 6.2 at 7:00am. Forecast blustery winds, with up to 11mm rainfall by racing tomorrow afternoon.

Tomorrow is just rain, which is due to come in overnight. Wednesday is the wind but they can’t really hold an inspection for that. There’s nothing anywhere else about it.

What was their reason for it DG?

It was on RP Twitter feed but they have removed it, your guess good as mine what's going on.

Last edited:
It was on RP Twitter feed but they have removed it, your guess good as mine what's going on.

Typical Racing Post. You gave me heart failure there DG. From the latest forecast it looks like the worst of the rain now could be clear before the start of racing tomorrow.

Old Course, Good to Soft, Soft in places. GoingStick: reading 6.2 at 7:00am. Forecast blustery winds, with up to 11mm rainfall by racing tomorrow afternoon.

Lads is a reading of 6.2 not nearer to soft to heavy, quite optimistic too call it good to soft. anyway there is another 11 mil to come before tomorrows racing.

Lads is a reading of 6.2 not nearer to soft to heavy, quite optimistic too call it good to soft. anyway there is another 11 mil to come before tomorrows racing.

Last year was 4.4 & was heavy/bottomless.

Back