Cheltenham 2021/22

Doesn't the Skelton debutant hold the form down somewhat? Plus surely the better Irish stables are gonna have some representation - what if Kilcruit and/or Journey with Me go down the boat route?

Yes And yes but this isn't a race for superstars

We know now he handles Cheltenham and has a big engine.

And stays 3m. Think the sexier novices more likely to avoid the Bartlett. I'd fear Ginto but think BKs price is fair. He was toying with them yesterday. Byrnes's instruction to McInerney not to take it up to the last has a few implications.

Yeah. I fear Ginto more. I think the only race he would go for, if going to Cheltenham, is the Bartlett. Like BK, he's an obvious staying chaser.

Gordon and Davy were both commenting (APO'B style) how Hollow Games wasn't short of toe and they wouldn't be afraid of stepping down in trip after winning at navan.

No idea if he runs again before the Festival, but Blazing Khal is an absolute good thing if he goes in the Bartlett, imo. Will love the stronger pace that should come with a bigger field, and will have far too much boot for the yaks that usually run in it.

Last edited:
No idea if he runs again before the Festival, but Blazing Khal is an absolute good thing if he goes in the Bartlett, imo. Will love the stronger pace that should come with a bigger field, and will have far too much boot for the yaks that usually run in it.

Wholeheartedly agree.
A cornerstone in my Festival portfolio and has largely financed it. Wasn't foot perfect this weekend but seemed that they were testing tactics. Can't imagine they will go for anything other than a warm up before March.
I also have Third Time Lucki as a substantial AP element. Hoping his latest run was either an aberration by the jockey or a tactical tryout. Either way an awful ride. My thoughts led me to increase my exposure at the current prices. Naive or not?

Back