Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2012-13

Are you the same New Approach as the one on Not606 forum ?

Great name by the way and I was on him in the 2008 Derby too...if Manning had been stronger in thr finish than Murtagh then he would have won the 2000 Guineas too and may have actually attempted the Triple Crown himself !

Has a great prospect in Dawn Approach now.

Just hope I can manage to make less mistakes than in the Summer Naps comp :o

ArkleSupreme, it's not me on the Not606 board and I agree about Dawn Approach - think he'll be really exciting for next year. I was really pleased to see New Approach do well as a first season sire, I loved him, one of my favourite flat horses.

I agree with all your comments entirely,New Approach...great stuff and only injury robbed him of a lot more success than he enjoyed ! Still the first Champion 2 year old to win the Derby since Reference Point did it in 1987 and was Champion 2 and 3 year old also !

It is strongly fancied to win today, Bar the Bull...though Tominator is interesting amongst other good opponents also.

Time to return from post-Flat hibernation now Cheltenham is on:

November

Arkle Simonsig £200 win (7/2 W Hill)

Champion Chase Sprinter Sacre £800 win (11/10 Paddy Power)

Last edited:
Arvika Ligeonniere - RSA 20/1. B365. £250 e/w.

Hidden Cyclone 500 win Gold Cup. 33/1 various.

Sorry OTB, you've already used up your £1000 for this month. I'll leave Champagne Fever on the spreadsheet for December if you like - his price shouldn't be likely to change before the 1st.

Champagne Fever - Neptune. 11/1 Paddy power. £500 win

Back