Cheltenham Ante Post Competition 2014-15 - DECEMBER SELECTIONS

New Approach.
Rather oddly Oddschecker on my Desktop (Windows IE) shows 15/1 with both Ladbrokes and PP., even after refreshing. On my Ipad it shows both at 14/1. A further check reveals that all the AP horseracing on the Windows based screen is showing prices
1 higher than the actual price. eg; 100/30 is shown as 4.33. ????????
Given that I'll hold off on the Fever for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience.

TS, apologies if I'm insulting your intelligence but... is it showing as 15/1 or just 15?

if it's the latter it looks like the site has defaulted (or something like that) to decimal odds rather than fractions. There should be a facility to correct it.

And there was me thinking everything was running so smoothly this year. I don't know whether it's because after a few years of practice people are getting the hang of the rules or because fewer chancers have entered this year. :)

DO.
Senility has already set in. Your point on decimals was spot on. There is a button for fractions which brings up the correct prices.
Still I don't understand that the change should increase the 'primary figure' by one.

Grey. As a Classics man it is understandable that I might be weaker dealing with numbers. This would certainly be the case when my incompetence gives me an edge.

I think it's just the US/ AUS(?)/worldwide(?) way of expressing prices. They include the stake. Much the same as the Tote dividends here including the stake.

Grey. As a Classics man it is understandable that I might be weaker dealing with numbers. This would certainly be the case when my incompetence gives me an edge.

:)

Back