Cheltenham Ante Post

I wouldn't like to seee Hurricane Run aimed at the Irish Champion if they view the Supreme Novices as their main target.

If there's one horse I really don't want to see run in the Irish Champion it's Hurricane Run. Unorthodox preperation says it all really!

Agreed. The last thing I need is for him to trot-up by 5L, and get rerouted to the Champion Hurdle.

Stick to novices and trotting-up by 10L - that's what I say. :D

Running on a likely bog against horses (for now) rated his superiors will (whether he wins or not) produce an inflated rating, price collapses but the horse will have left the Supreme Novices in Ireland. Lounaos was an example of this I didn't like seeing.

Ah be nice Shadow...I am surprised it has not happened before now!! I have found myself typing Hurricane Run only to edit it before posting!

Hurricane Fly is a different kettle of fish to the likes of Lounaos.

Champion Hurdle - Binocular 14/1 (Win only)
Gold Cup - Star De Mohaison 33/1 ew
Arkle - Forpadydeplasterer 20/1 ew

I expect Binocular to win (obviously, as I didn't back each way).

At this point, I don't think it's impossible for Star De Mohaison to sneak a place in the Gold Cup. (Cue a disappointing run in his prep...)

The Arkle looks wide open just now, and while 'Pady' hasn't really impressed me thus far, I'm hopeful a strongly run two miles at Cheltenham will suit.

Apart from these, I'm just going to place bets on the day.

Like some of that 14/1 about Binocular Katharine!

I have Cooldine at decent prices for the SunAlliance Chase and I am doing my best not to bother going for anything else as I invariably do poorly with Cheltenham anteposts bets despite generally enjoying antepost betting at any other meeting!

Yes, 14/1 doesn't look too bad now! I'm on my own amongst my friends in supporting him, so I'll either have egg on my face or it will be drinks on me!

Cooldine is a lovely horse. Good luck with that.

Cheltenham hasn't been kind to me either betting wise. It's ultra competitive. But I absolutely love it.

I've got another Mullins horse at fancy prices and just waiting for him (Fiveforthree) to run - hopefully it will be a repeat of 2008 when he does turn up :)

Good to see more posters from God's own county too Katharine :)

At this stage Fiveforthree is surely going to be aimed at Fairyhouse and Punchestown rather than going to the festival with just one run over fences before that. Completely different test that what he faced over hurdles last season. He is 99/1 on Betfair tonight...must be a NR at this stage.

Zaarito will need to find a serious amount of improvement to be a contender at the festival.Struggled to beat the dodgepot that is Time Electric last time out.

If there's one horse I really don't want to see run in the Irish Champion it's Hurricane Run. Unorthodox preperation says it all really!

Ahh, wasn't sure what you meant. I've typed it many more times but the edit function has come to my rescue.

Zaarito will need to find a serious amount of improvement to be a contender at the festival.Struggled to beat the dodgepot that is Time Electric last time out.

Time Electric did nothing for the form yesterday-he will struggle to win a maiden hurdle this side of May.

Are there not better prices than this available on some of these horses?

Zaarito 16/1 Corals

Star de Mohaison 33/1 Sporting Bet

Lodge Lane 40/1 Ladbrokes

Jayo 29/1
Punjabi 16/1 Bet Chronicle ;)

Hindsight is wonderful....

I didnt put on the bet, but given the benefit of hindsight, Lodge Lane and Star De Mohaison both wont make the festival in my opinion. Jayo still isnt a complete lost cause. I still like Zaarito, he can only beat whats in front of him. Punjabi is still a feasible bet.

Champion Hurdle - Binocular 14/1 (Win only)
Gold Cup - Star De Mohaison 33/1 ew
Arkle - Forpadydeplasterer 20/1 ew

At this stage, I'm happy enough with two of the three. Forpady has as much chance as anything else in the Arkle. That's usually one of the few races which has been good to me but this year I haven't a clue.

Star De Mohaison travelled well for a long way on awful ground before going out like a light, and afterwards the William Hill Chase was mentioned as a possibility instead. Or they might wait for something like the Betfair Bowl at Aintree.

Elsewhere, I'm starting to like Karabak.

Back