Cheltenham Bankers

beardo

At the Start
After this weekend I would certainly say this list has got a bit bigger who has who as their banker for the festival.
I'm going with Zaynar as his form is looking stronger and stronger and even at 4-1 is still a great each way bet to nothing imo.

Kasbah Bliss, I think he is in a different league to this bunch. His trainer is a legend as well and he compared him very favourably to Baracouda in the RP today. If Baracouda was running in this he would be long odds on.

Kasbah Bliss, I think he is in a different league to this bunch. His trainer is a legend as well and he compared him very favourably to Baracouda in the RP today. If Baracouda was running in this he would be long odds on.

I had Voy Por Ustedes as my banker ever before Saturday's exhibition, problem is that any value is well gone now though.

Place banker would have to be Osana in the Champion hurdle.

I agree he deserves to be favourite, but thought that before the weekend. As I said on the other thread I've backed KB this year at 7/2 and 11/4 (also backed him past two seasons). While he hasn't got Inglis Drever to contend with this season, I do like Punchestowns a lot. Hopefully one or the other can win as I've got Punchestowns at 6s.

As they currently stand KB looks the one, but Punchestowns looks to have a ton of improvement to me. There are also one or two others at bigger prices who could have a say, but I'm hoping one of the two market leaders will win.

I'm a huge fan of Karabak and he'd be my ew Banker in the Ballymore (6-1). The form of the race with Mad Max early in the season has worked out well. Has progressed impressively on his subsequent 2 runs, has course form (granted over 2m 1f), and on his most recent run at Ascot galloped all the way to the line. Ticks all the right boxes for me.

I'm very sweet on Whiteoak in the Mares Hurdle (also backed her at 6s some time ago) if they decide not to send her to the Champion.

I like Bensalem in the Albert Bartlett.

I'm loath to use the term 'banker', though, especially at Cheltenham!

Binocular. The last two runnings of the Champion Hurdle have been well below average - something brought into even sharper focus when you consider what champions the last two Gold Cup winners have been. His performance at Aintree last season as a juvenile was better than Katchit`s at Cheltenham so he doesn`t even need to improve much to beat this field. A true champion hurdler will be crowned in three weeks.

One tough bitch. Any reason your attracted to the her Kathy?

She has a terrier type attitude, will not give up without a fight, will take on those that who think they are bigger and better than she is....and is honest and genuine as the day is long.

No, no particular reason, Gearoid. :cool:

With so much argument about what will run rather than what will win, 4/1 Diamond Harry is a reasonable bet. I'm not sure he can go much shorter. I'd imagine which ever Irish novice goes for it will be completely over bet and will start fav.

She has a terrier type attitude, will not give up without a fight, will take on those that who think they are bigger and better than she is....and is honest and genuine as the day is long.

No, no particular reason, Gearoid. :cool:

Heartening stuff but you forgot....

Doesn’t mind being shown the whip….

Always remember Gearoid, whatever anyone tells you size really doesn't matter.

Katchit may be the size of a pony but he has the heart of a lion!

Always remember Gearoid, whatever anyone tells you size really doesn't matter.

An ex-friend who had similar sleeping habits and after midnight interests as myself used to say that....

Last edited:
I think any of the Mullins horses deserve to be favourite ahead of Diamond Harry. Might be too short but a deserved favourite nonetheless.

Back