Cheltenham Day 1

There might be a glimmer of hope for my 11/1 Facile Vega Constitution Hill double yet.

I was suprised to read how keen Patrick Mullins is on his chances and there aren't many better judges around.

Will be a fantastic start to the week if he does win. Fingers crossed

I need facile to win it's the start of my 415/1 treble with CH and Stattler.

Well done Marine backers especially Wilson who had fancy prices about this horse months ago.

Tuesday

Supreme - Marine Nationale will pretty much pay for my week having been with him since September and while I’d normally start doubting my position, he’s still my strongest fancy. Respect the Mullins pair, especially Il Etait Temps who looks like treading an uncommon path of Triumph then Supreme but I hadn’t realised how well he did in the Triumph last year considering he pulled like a train the whole way

Well done mate.happy for you.
And well done all Marine backers.

Well done, you guys. Th only thing I got right was that Strong Leader would be the best of the Brits, but 9th. Blimey.

Way too serious for Jonbon who made too many niggling mistakes from the one before the water.

But what about the Ultima......Great race and what were the chances the first 4 in the betting would be the first 4 home...great race for the punters for a change

Thought I had it there with Monbeg Genius but he didn’t get up the hill.

Fabulous ride again by Derek Fox and great for Lucinda Russell and Scu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael O'Sullivan taking to the stage very well.
Lovely to see his da, the original quiet man and fine rider William getting an interview on RTV.
Pity the Well Bar near them is closed but Gortroe Inn and The Local Glantane is open until December, at this rate.

Supreme: Not keen on any of the Mullins horses at the top of the market or Marine Nationale.
Impaire Et Passe on the long term will prove to his best horse from the current crop of novices. However things could happen too fast for him if they decide to run him here, he would be better off going for the Ballymore IMO.
We get so used to the Irish raids we can forget that we have some decent novices at home.

PN's Tahmuras and Nicky's Luccia dutched to keep the prize at home.

Arkle Trophy: This looks a very competitive renewal and may not be the 2horse race the betting suggets.
I stand by what I have said in the past the no way will El Fabiolo outstay Jonbon up the Cheltenham Hill.
I have serious dobts about the Aintree race as I suspect Jonbon was over the top or he would have beaten El Fabiolo much easier.

Jonbon for me but Banbridge could spring a surprise despite his last run.

Ultima: Very difficult race to get my head around but I'll have ane EW interest on PN's Threeunderthrufive if he runs.
and a win bet on Jonjo's Monbeg Genius. I reckon the latter will take alot of beating.

The Champion Hurdle. This for me is what will finish 2nd to Constitution Hill who I am balls deep in?
They would have to be mad to try and beat Constitution Hill with State Man. There only chance is to try and take the sting out of his tail and make the running.
That however could spell disaster for him and could end up exhausted and end up losing 2nd place.
I like To Move It ran agreat race from the front to win the Greatwood off top weight but his intention for the Champion Hurdle might have been excersied at Wincanton whe held up he hacked up.
He stays very well and if held up he could just outrun State Man for 2nd in the closing stages
FC Constitution Hill and I Like To Move It looks worth a bet.

The Mares Hurdle:
What a treat we are in for it's almost like a Champion Hirdle replay with Honeysuckle V Epatante once again.
Nicky's not going to run Marie's Rock here by the looks of things but time will tell.
I think Honeysuckle may have regressed more than Epatante has and the trip with suit Nicky's mare better,
Already have her in a couple of bets for this so won't be having another.

Epatante

Boodle Juvenile : Not one of these young hurdlers has had me jumping out of my seat.Not a betteing race for me.
If Tekao is very shorton the day I will place lay him

Telao Place Lay 3 places

National Hunt Challenge Cup

Gaillard Du Mesnil has had more places than set at a national convention dinner table.

That said of he can't win this Mullins should hand in his licence,

Banker of the metting for many.

Gaillard Du Mesnil

Can't complain Constutution Hill done the business so I kept my word and started taking my winning out of all my accounts except for 100 quid left in Betfair

Switched from Epatante and had a tenner on Honeysuckle which gave me a fantstic buzz as I am sure it gave those who backed against her as well......Fantastic performance.

A 5 ew on Byker so cleared my feat but laid Takoa 4 places for a nice profit on the race

Put the winnings on Patrck who never seems to put a foot wrong for me and of course he won as expected...be a lot of banker backing happy Irish punters after that race.

A great day really enjoyed it especially Honeysuckle.

Back