Cheltenham Day 4 bets

Great result for Barry Connel
I believe Ted Walsh was bigging this one up on the preview nights

was a very good bumper horse, possibly still very green.

paul ferguson had him mentioned in his book too

Indeed, wasn't suggesting he was impossible to fancy, just £10,000 e/w on a 33/1 shot, boils my brain. I guess some people have a lot of spare cash to throw around :)

Had a desperate small e/w on Sam Winner due to the ground. Last time I backed him was in the Triumph which was a very odd run.

I am all over Paint The Clouds in the Foxhunters but the ground may have gone slightly against him. I need a saver, On The Fringe or Salsify, which one? :) I'm edging toward On The Fringe.

I am all over Paint The Clouds in the Foxhunters but the ground may have gone slightly against him. I need a saver, On The Fringe or Salsify, which one? :) I'm edging toward On The Fringe.

Lovely ride from Nina.

Have backed it also...although i have backed a few. Kauto Grand Mogul has a good e/w chance at a big price and I had to follow the guys in with On Tour.

Well that couldn't have gone much better. Well done chroniclandlord, nice only bet to have :)

Great call lads. I've had a good day but for the rusk of aftertiming comments I won't post them up.

Turban should not be 50/1 with the trainer and jockey in such blinding form. In and out performer who could really appreciate the step back in a truly run race like you would expect with some of these in the field.

Speculative to say the least but 4 places...

Get in! Laid of at 3 in running like you suggested. It knocked 20% off my profit but that result has made this my best festival ever.

Glad it went ok, did you get the 3 fairly early, I was out so couldn't watch betfair for what was going on.
FWIW Ch4 and RUK are pretty much live, maybe a second or so delay, ATR is around 6-8 seconds
The live streams on B365 and Coral are pretty much spot on too. It shouldn't have mattered for what you were doing anyway as you were just wanting the price to hit 3 in running, rather than looking at what the horses were doing ;)
Better lose 20% than lose 100% - just look at Annie Power the other day, I think that went to 1.02 or something

It is great fun watching PC stealing a place like that. Chances are horse would not have finished closer with anyone else. Three places during the week doing that is alright by my book, and my pocket!
That is me though.

Top Notch 2nd
Quick Jack / Aso 3rd
No More Hero's 3rd
Djakadam / Road to Riches 2nd 3rd
Salsify
Killultagh Vic / Roi Des Francs. 1st 3rd
Croco Bay / Blood Cotil 3rd

What a day of hitting the crossbar. Enjoyable all the same.

Last edited:
Back