Cheltenham Day 4 - What are you backing?

Shantreusse can see a miserable week turn very good. On at 66s 40s 16s. Not laid any off, very tough ask though as i like the top 2 in market. Have The Nice Guy at 19s on exchange from a while back, ill let them run.

State Man at 12s. Added Felix Desjy at 80s e/w and 130 win exchange.

Vauban and Pied Piper both at 20s, no need to add more.

Adamently Chosen 20s and Chemical Energy 20s. Added Five O’Clock at 16s this morning.

Building a few multis now. Need a good day to get out of jail this week.

Oh and Elimay at all prices 7s down. Shes going to be a key cog in my multis

Last edited:
Oh and Elimay at all prices 7s down. Shes going to be a key cog in my multis

Same. Biggest horse of the week for me.

Fil Dor ew
The Nice Guy and Hillcrest
Galvin at nice prices ante-post and A Plus Tard as the second leg of a double (Stattler)

Leaving aside the handicaps in which I've gone mental, I'm on:

Icare Allen ew
Hillcrest & Stag Horn (both a/p)
Minella Indo & Royale Pagaille (ditto)
Winged Leader (good thing?)
Mount Ida (a/p)

Regardless, the big hcap wins and Edwardstone have ensured I end the week in front so I can relax and enjoy the day.

Hillcrest - still don’t know what he’s doing winning hurdles, he’s first in the book for chasing next year. Might protect with Ginto.

Its an each way day for me.

Despite not knowing a thing about hunter chases I have been lucky once or twice and todays selection is Pont Aven.

Hoping the eight runners go to post for the 4.50 where my longshot Pink Legend can hopefully out run the odds.

I’ve thrown the kitchen sink at my two betting accounts today. A fairly moderate week for me so I thought “what the hell!” Too many to list with loads of accumulators.....I think I’ve covered most horses in most races....:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bandit failed to finish his race like most of the Gordon Elliott runners yesterday. Maybe a bad sign for Ginto and Galvin backers.

Now I’ve said that they’ll bolt up

Obviously Fil dor and Pied Piper ran OK so some running well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, I was hoping against hope that he'd find his feet by halfway but he was never travelling at any stage.

The disappointment is all the greater when you see Green Book finishing fifth considering what Hillcrest did to him last time.

I just wonder if Hillcrest left his race back at Haydock.

Hillcrest never looked comfortable and poor Ginto, I protected with him so that was a double blow to my pocket. I fear for him, I’m afraid.

I just wonder if Hillcrest left his race back at Haydock.

Certainly looked that way. I was thinking the break of 4 weeks would be fine but he ran a fast time there in bad ground so would have needed longer to recover I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back