Cheltenham Day 4

My 20/1 double at stake I was screaming at the screen:mad:.
telling Paul Townend "get the effin horse into the race" "Your going to get him brought down you idiot"
"You can't give good stayers a start" "Didn't you watch Shishkin's race?"

Usually I am pretty calm watching a race but I totally lost the plot there and I needn't have worried.

Helluva horse who if he ad jumped better would have won by much further..

My 20/1 double at stake I was screaming at the screen:mad:.
telling Paul Townend "get the effin horse into the race" "Your going to get him brought down you idiot"
"You can't give good stayers a start" "Didn't you watch Shishkin's race?"

Usually I am pretty calm watching a race but I totally lost the plot there and I needn't have worried.

Helluva horse who if he ad jumped better would have won by much further..

Well done on your double Tanlic! Nice way to end the week.

Ice cool from Townend wasn't it, just simply knew what he had under him and never rushed, never hurried, and gently by gently popped GDC in to the race and the rest is history. Cracker.

Two very good horses.

Winner aside from all his talent is simply stunning on the eye

He's a gorgeous horse no denying that just looking at him he oozes class and has some engine to go with it

How about Galopin Des Champs (Ireland) V Constitution Hill (England) 2005 the biggest thing since Arkle V Millhouse

Its Ruth Jefferson and his owners I feel sorry for.

Ahoys dodgy jumping ended his race.

Well done on your double Tanlic! Nice way to end the week.

Ice cool from Townend wasn't it, just simply knew what he had under him and never rushed, never hurried, and gently by gently popped GDC in to the race and the rest is history. Cracker.

Thanks Gaz,,,,,,,,it ended my large betting career so I am absolutely delighted. I do have bets on him and C. Hill to remain unbeaten this season so if you could kidnap them both for me until then I would appreciate it:lol:

If Constitution Hill goes chasing he's the only horse I would be willing to risk big money on despite I reckon it will take something of his caliber to beat GDC.......he looks to rule the roost for the next year at least.

Its Ruth Jefferson and his owners I feel sorry for.

Ahoys dodgy jumping ended his race.

He keeps doing the same crazy thing since Carlisle.......pressure on he absolutely clout one..when he doesn't he's a danger to all..
scares the bloodly life out of me and I thought if something is going to fluke this beat Galopin Des Champs it would be him.

Yh Ahoy is a freak of nature I am not saying Sounds Russian would have got near the winner but if anyone watches that race again I defy anyone to tell me Sounds Russian couldn't have finished in the first four.

His jockey thinks he was flat out the whole way and was tiring but thats not what I was seeing.

Ah well.

Rant over I guess.

Last edited:
Tough woman you are
:lol: I think it’s because he has a fairly poor topline (as so many Mullins horses do...no rounded and filled out neck compared with say a Hendo horse) but you cannot knock it because it works for him. I just like my horses a bit more muscled on the neck)

That’ll be the Welsh money! Shrewd unit. And to be fair the horse beat Porlock Bay in December 21.

Famous Clermont just didn’t get home on that ground...at that trip he needs good ground.

County - I love this race and it has been really kind to me down the years. Long list in order as per my ratings table, not necessarily in order of preference: Glory And Fortune, Highway One O Two, Faivoir, Milkwood, Sharjah, Aucunrisque, Gin Coco.

M Pipe - Long list: Fifty Ball, Felix Desjy, Might I, Imagine, Au Fleuron, Spirit Of Legend, In From The Cold.

Do you think the owner of GDC might let me hire her Child of Prague statuette for the next 100 minutes? I have doubles riding on the M Pipe...

It certainly did.no harm in dreaming.:cool:

Got to say, Outsider, I looked at every one of your Hewick posts over that the last, what, 4-5 months and thought 'he won't even get close in a Gold Cup'. But you knew, right. If the ground had been better, it might well have been a different story at the end. So glad he got up OK, and that he gave you a thrilling run.

Mmm. I don’t doubt his huge talent but I’m not with you with him being a stunning horse. He’s got a pretty head but he’s a fairly ordinary horse to look at imo.....they’re always better looking when they win though!
He’s proper black though. I love a black horse and when they gleam like that! I just checked his description thinking they’ll try to get him down as brown if they can but, no he’s black.

Got to say, Outsider, I looked at every one of your Hewick posts over that the last, what, 4-5 months and thought 'he won't even get close in a Gold Cup'. But you knew, right. If the ground had been better, it might well have been a different story at the end. So glad he got up OK, and that he gave you a thrilling run.

Thanks Chaumi. Doesnt owe me a penny.33/1 in the bet365 and 16/1 at galway and should have won another if he hadnt fell.

I really got stuck into the connections of Noble Yeats for running him in the Gold Cup and he'll be lucky to recover from those excertions today in time for Aintree.

The picked up 33k for finishing 4th but had other stood up 8k for 6th is what he would have had.

Sad how some owners get blinded by dreams and can't see whats right in front of their face

What a tough little mare Impervious is. Thought she was beaten when ADV went by after the last but she wasn’t having it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back