Cheltenham Day 4

County - I love this race and it has been really kind to me down the years. Long list in order as per my ratings table, not necessarily in order of preference: Glory And Fortune, Highway One O Two, Faivoir, Milkwood, Sharjah, Aucunrisque, Gin Coco. I'll spread some cash a bit thinly across most of them and cover them all with Hunters Yarn. I get the Filey Bay hype but I can let him win at short odds.

Had the winner at 50s and H102 at 100/1. Can't lose over the week now.

Got to feel for everybody connected with the favourite and all its backers but I don't think he was going to get by the winner. Good ride by Cobden.

Been a cliff horse Faivoir, backed it at decent prices 4 times Sat affys to watch it finish 1 place from every extended placing. Just been out earlier and forgot to back the f***er, gutted as would have put me in front for the week, been a disaster

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Well done Dessie and the Skelton's yet again. Don't have that many top drawer horses but they can't half train one.

Pied Piper ran a stormer which is yet another boost to State Man as a very very good horse and in turn I'm even more convinced Constituion Hill is in a different league to anything I have ever seen

What a fantastic ride by Townend. Judged to perfection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really feel for Sounds Russian and connections. So unlucky Ahoy Senor fell right in front of him.

Poor Ruth Jefferson, thats happend twice to her now... Waiting Patiently was brought down in the King George one year when travelling sweetly.

Well done the winner though.

Last edited:
Great result for the GDC backers. Top class.

I thought BMG did a fair impersonation of Wayward Lad there too. He'll be interesting back at Aintree.

Mmm. I don’t doubt his huge talent but I’m not with you with him being a stunning horse. He’s got a pretty head but he’s a fairly ordinary horse to look at imo.....they’re always better looking when they win though!

Back