Cheltenham December Meeting

It's understandable if there's a chance races can be rescheduled within a 2/3-day meeting but there's no meeting scheduled for Sunday so in this case stakes should be refunded.

Edit - B365 have refunded my chunky bet on Prince Escalus.

Chunky bet on a Jonjo. You're braver than I.

Normally I'm wary but three winners from four runners in a race tells me he only sends a certain 'type' for the race.

I'm not suggesting this one is a 159 horse running off 20-odd pounds less but he's the one who knows what kind of horse he has.

Christ. How long can it take to decide whether to reschedule or not?

I imagine they will be trying to work out if they should save all the graded races . It may be out of the box a bit but I would move the International to Festival trials day . The race has always struggled a bit since the Christmas Hurdle was made a Grade 1 and I bet CH would run in it with the Contenders Hurdle having been abolished and the Haydock race is not a CH trial no matter what they call it .

I imagine they will be trying to work out if they should save all the graded races . It may be out of the box a bit but I would move the International to Festival trials day . The race has always struggled a bit since the Christmas Hurdle was made a Grade 1 and I bet CH would run in it with the Contenders Hurdle having been abolished and the Haydock race is not a CH trial no matter what they call it .

Even Punchestown has announced now.

Get your finger out Cheltenham!

It's not Cheltenham it's the BHA Marb, I understand certain people have requested it's moved to Ascot this weekend.

Incidentally Hereford covered their course before Cheltenham did last week and still didn't beat the elements.

So there is no guarantee that Cheltenham on Saturday would have survived anyway if they'd have sacrificed Friday.

Imagine losing both days when one was raceable.

Friday night was a lot colder here than they forecast, even with my beer coat on!

Not looking at all likely that it will go ahead.

On the bright side, no hours wasted studying.

(And no money lost :lol:)

Back