Cheltenham Festival 2011

suerunner

At the Start
Evening all.

Thought I'd get a very small selection of mine posted first, then make way for the professionals! :D Enjoy.

DAY ONE

Captain Chris before the Arkle.

CaptainChris1.jpg

Hurricane Fly and Ruby Walsh

HurricaneFly1.jpg

Khyber Kim and Paddy Brennan

KhyberKim3.jpg

Peddlers Cross lost nothing in defeat.

PeddlersCross3.jpg

Sizing Australia leads the Cross Country field.

IMG_8929.jpg

And the story is the same on the second circuit.

IMG_8950.jpg

Before racing got underway, it was lovely to see the retired racehorses. Shown here Hardy Eustace and War of Attrition.

HardyEustaceandWarofAttrition.jpg

More....

DAY TWO

Chicago Grey

ChicagoGrey.jpg

Big Zeb and Cornas

CornasBigZeb2.jpg

Sizing Europe

SizingEurope1.jpg

Sizing Europe leads Big Zeb over the last.

IMG_9080.jpg

DAY THREE

Big Buck's before the World Hurdle

BigBucks2.jpg

Fiveforthree

Fiveforthree7.jpg

Mourad

Mourad4.jpg

More....

Crosskennon leads them on the first circuit in the World Hurdle

IMG_9197.jpg

Big Buck's goes for home......

IMG_9206.jpg

...with Grand Crus in pursuit.

IMG_9211.jpg

DAY FOUR

Denman in the pre parade ring.

Denman1.jpg

3 Gold Cup Winners, one 3rd placer, one 4th placer...Imperial Commander, What A Friend, Denman, Neptune Collonges and Kauto Star

IMG_9379.jpg

Kauto Star

KautoStar1.jpg

A blurred pics of the winners of the Gold Cup from 2007 to 2011.

4Champions.jpg

Kauto Star and Ruby Walsh

KautoStar1-1.jpg

Long Run and Sam Waley-Cohen

LongRun2.jpg

More....

Coming to 2 out in the Gold Cup

IMG_9456.jpg

Approaching the last. The old guard is about to hand the torch to the new, but not without a fight and handed over burning as bright as ever. Great race!! (Apologies for the copper!!)

IMG_9469.jpg

Well run old boy. Denman.

Denman7.jpg

Long Run and Denman

DenmanandLongRun.jpg

Long Run

LongRun13.jpg

A runner in the Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle.

IMG_9547.jpg

They go for home in the same race, but the winner is nowhere to be seen.

IMG_9551.jpg

The moon rises over Cleeve Hill as the sun sets on another fantastic Cheltenham Festival. Thanks for some wonderful memories.

IMG_9563.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed. Any comments, good or bad always welcomed.

Thanks for sharing, suerunner!

I particularly like the one with Long Run lingering behind the three former winners. Pretty fitting really.

I've uploaded my dismal efforts(from the phone) to my own album on here, no idea how to post them to this thread though:confused::confused: Any helpers out there..

wonderful photos suerunner, many many thanks for sharing. must admit i really really like the denman one as well, and the one of kauto in the parade. great !!!!

and have to admit it still makes me all weepy to the see the old boys trying so hard. oh for that one split second when i thought kauto could do it .....

again, amny thanks for sharing, sue. wouldnt mind more photos as well :)

Great stuff, Sue, I love seeing photos on here. Yours make a good collection because they show different vantage points and include shots from before and after races.

I thought Hardy Eustace looked great on the Tuesday, fit enough to run in a race. I was also very taken with Fivefourthree, purely on looks, so I'm glad to see you have one of him. The photo I like best, though, is of Big Buck's committing for home.

Pricewise, have you tried copying and pasting your pics using the 'Insert image' button?

It was a joy to see Hardy Eustace before racing; always thought he was the most perfect hurdler and pleased that the commentator said he had perfect conformation [as I know nothing of such things]. Always felt the blinkers hid the beauty of the horse.

Love the post race one of Denman, great shot. The following one of him and Long Run looks a bit like he's seen the camera and is trying to get in on the action. His lass is on Twitter and apparently he's come out of the race really well.

Only saw the ex racers on tv but thought War Of Attrition looked super relaxed. Nice to see them taking to their new jobs so well.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Pricewise - I upload mine to an external hosting site and then use the insert image link above to directly link the pics to here. Can take a while to upload to the other site, but quick transfer from there to here. Hope this helps.

Just realised we had these, Sue. Love KAUTO's rolling eyeball when down at the start! Super shots - thanks so much.

I love the way that Denman is looking at the camera with Long Run in the background; he looks like a cheeky little kid that's trying to nose his way into someone elses photo. The one before that will get copied and put on my notice board [no copyright problems I hope]. How can a horse be so grumpily evil and cute at the same time?

Last edited:
Back