Cheltenham Festival: Friday Races

Storm Heart was so heavily backed 1st time out they must think an awful lot of him.

He should go close in the opener.

had a couple of small bets in the Gold Cup

Galopin Des Champs To Win & Either Fastorslow Or Gerri Colombe To Finish 2nd and
Gallopin Des Champs to win by 5 lengths or further.

Based on the fact I thought the only real danger to him was Shishkin I am going all out to make this a winning Cheltenham

I really think he's a steering job because Fastorslow beat a 80% fit horse early on and tomorrow is a completely different ball game.

If ever a horse should be odds on

I have been reading the trainer comments on the Racing Post for the Albert Bartlett.

Lots of informative and articulate comments from trainers about their horses. Everyone manages to muster up a paragraph bar one..

Jonjo chooses to provide us with a one liner.

About Johnnywho, he simply says...,"this is competitive (Yes, we know) but he's in grand form and should be suited by this step up in trip."

So the free fiver bet off Hills needs to go on this one then...

Good luck all tomorrow.

Last edited:
I have been reading the trainer comments on the Racing Post for the Albert Bartlett.

Lots of informative and articulate comments from trainers about their horses. Everyone manages to muster up a paragraph bar one..

Jonjo chooses to provide us with a one liner.

About Johnnywho, he simply says...,"this is competitive (Yes, we know) but he's in grand form and should be suited by this step up in trip."

So the free fiver bet off Hills needs to go on this one then...

Good luck all tomorrow.

Everyone who knows the man would never ask about a JP horse and that has been the case since and before JP set him up
at Jackdaw from his yard in Skelton.

As for Johnnywho there's a chance he ran him short of a gallop on the course last time.

In his last 2 runs the bookies have been very cautious initially until the JP money never came and he drifted very quickly before the the off

It's gone all blue but that has absolutely nothing to do with JP Bookies will often cut one of his only to attract mug bets

JP loves the thrill of Cheltenham and will mark a few cards but he only backs them on course just before the race and the price is gone instantly.

So your not alone being told where the birds nest with no eggs in it is located

Last edited:
Yeah I am just being my cheeky self.

I like Jonjo. It's a hard game and he's still in it. He's done well having a friend and landlord like JP as well.

We could all do with a friend like him if we were in the game that Jonjo's in.

I couldn't train a pigeon to get run over let alone a racehorse.

Last edited:
My best bet could end up being Gallopin Des Champs to beat either Fastorslow or Gerri into second

Biggest danger to foil me has to be Bravemansgame or Monkfish but if I can get 4/1 i will go in again

Money has come for Storm Heart as I thought it might so fingers crossed for a good start to the day

Happy punting all :D

Last edited:
I didn't enjoy watching that, I have to say. Townend appeared to give up on Storm Heart from two out.

As I type, Willie is saying 'this [Majborough] was my pick in this race' so was it allowed to win?

Kargese got a trying ride but none of the other Mullins team did. I hate not getting a true run for my money

We move on.

Wish I had seen the video on Youtube I watched just now. Willie clearly indicating he thought he'd be a much better horse the next time he ran which was today.

I really have to start paying attention again.........ever since I stopped having occasional extra large bets I have become so lazy.

Most of the time I look think that'll do and back one...crazy.

Kargese looksa real good sort she simply didn't settle and although she might not have the future of the winner she really should have won or gone much closer today...she was on the steel for most of the race

I didn't enjoy watching that, I have to say. Townend appeared to give up on Storm Heart from two out.

As I type, Willie is saying 'this [Majborough] was my pick in this race' so was it allowed to win?

Kargese got a trying ride but none of the other Mullins team did. I hate not getting a true run for my money

We move on.

Horse simply wasn't good enough. Looked like he wanted to take it up a long way from home but the horse simply didn't have the speed
The day Paul Townend gives up on anything that still has a chance in a graded race I will never have another bet,

Back