Cheltenham Festival: Friday Races

Email to the brothers on Wednesday:

...This group (Pied Piper, Faivoir, Petit Tonnerre, L’Eau Du Sud, Aucunrisque (NR), Bialystok and Absurde) is my long list against the field at this stage. I might not back them all...

I didn't back PP or Faiv and didn't back Absurde as a single - actually a Timeform comment that it struggled in deep ground put me off - but it wasn't a bad long list for a very competitive race.

I really need Readin Tommy Wrong now!

Last edited:
Email to the brothers on Wednesday:

I didn't back PP or Faiv and didn't back Absurde as a single - actually a Timeform comment that it struggled in deep ground put me off - but it wasn't a bad long list for a very competitive race.

I really need Readin Tommy Wrong now!

Join the club he's the first leg of a 3 cross for me

Another best-ride contender by Kielan Woods there, so unlucky. (Deep down I'm happy that old arsehole Harry Redknapp didn't win.)

Another disappointment for Townend on RTW. went out like a light.

He'd said after the first race how disappointed he was with Storm Ahead and that he had expected much better (presumably seeing Kargese run so well) but I still think it was an act and they will have another race lined up for Storm Ahead. Maybe Punchestown, assuming Maj goes to Aintree?

What to advise a music mad relative who’s at Cheltenham today? I’ve suggested Jungle Boogie, Harmonya Maker and Sonigino after not mentioning The Jukebox Man in the last.

Well done, Steve.

The horse got beat at 11/8 and 3/1 in two grade 2 novice hurdles in December.

Anyone who backed him there can rightfully be scratching their heads.

He's come good in grand fashion today.

Last edited:
Never a minutes worry Paul Townend was cool as a cucumber

Having gone in again on the 130. Galopin Des Champs To Win & Either Fastorslow Or Gerri Colombe To Finish 2nd In The 15:30 Cheltenham
and backing Corach Rambler a couple of months ago EW what a great result for me.:lol:

Can relax now and enjoy watching the rest of the meeting

Proud of Gerri Colombe. So sick of all the pundits on the preview circuit (mainly Kealy) saying he hadn't the form. It doesn't matter, this was where the horse was gonna be tested. Would have won 7/10 Gold Cup's.

It will be interesting to see what the sectionals say. It looked like quite a few of the furlongs on the first circuit were around the 17s mark, which strikes me as modest but they were another second or so faster on the second, which is where the handicapper Nassalam couldn't go with them.

Corach was ridden to pick up the scraps and did so. Only a big improved run by Gerri beat me for the bet w/o the fav.

Looked like L'Homme Presse and BMG didn't get home, the former probably doing too much on the second circuit but GDC was never really off the pace and still prevailed. Two good 'uns and Gerri better than I'd thought.

I hope Corach Rambler hasn't left his National behind here, though.

Proud of Gerri Colombe. So sick of all the pundits on the preview circuit (mainly Kealy) saying he hadn't the form. It doesn't matter, this was where the horse was gonna be tested. Would have won 7/10 Gold Cup's.

I wanted him to finish 2nd but honestly thought he had gone but somehow he got right back into it..

National Horse?

What a ride on Sine Nomine there. Thought her chance was gone when the JP horse shut her out going to the last but the jockey was ice cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see what the sectionals say. It looked like quite a few of the furlongs on the first circuit were around the 17s mark, which strikes me as modest but they were another second or so faster on the second, which is where the handicapper Nassalam couldn't go with them.

Corach was ridden to pick up the scraps and did so. Only a big improved run by Gerri beat me for the bet w/o the fav.

Looked like L'Homme Presse and BMG didn't get home, the former probably doing too much on the second circuit but GDC was never really off the pace and still prevailed. Two good 'uns and Gerri better than I'd thought.

I hope Corach Rambler hasn't left his National behind here, though.

As a L’Homme Presse backer I was desperately hoping he’d hang on for 3rd but he looked legless going to the last and I was quite surprised he managed to keep 4th (sadly they didn’t pay 4 places AP). Think you’re right that he did too much on the final circuit and needed The Real Whacker to give him a lead for a bit longer

I really thought Corach would be PU and saved for the Nash. Must have had a hard race but maybe no harder than last year’s Ultima and that didn’t do him any harm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez you don't run horses in a Gold Cup to pull them up V :lol: especially one who loves the course

That's only his 3rd run of the season and it will take a fall or something to go wrong to stop him at Aintree

Solid ew bet if ever there was one

Taking a chance with Limerick Lace then off to bed..........not interest in the last the Lincoln Handicap looks easier than that cavalry charge

Back