Cheltenham Festival Handicaps - 2016

Now we know the trainer isn't in such bad form, Join The Clan is a big player in the handicap hurdle tomorrow if he can improve on his effort last time after the lay off.

Last edited:
If in Doubt and Box Office in the Pertemps for me, The Hobbs horse is 3lb well in on his chase mark which includes an 8l 5th in the RSA last year, Should be held up out the back and pick his way through.
Box Office's stamina round here isn't assured but the step up in trip is overdue for him, good ground will suit him well and he's on a featherweight.
Cause of Causes, Upswing and Mon Parrain will all carry a bit of cash today too.

I have Johns Spirit ante-post at 25s, have topped up at 10s since. Added Fingal Bay who has his optimum conditions today

Very disappointing. I have him in each way doubles with Road 2 Riches, Cole Harden and Buveir D'Air - am I right in assuming they all get settled as singles now?

Very disappointing. I have him in each way doubles with Road 2 Riches, Cole Harden and Buveir D'Air - am I right in assuming they all get settled as singles now?

Who are they with Euro?
I had a Faugheen ,Douvan ,Limini treble with B365 which changed to a double (iv'e cashed it out)

King's Lad has had a palate operation and the Tizzard team think he'll run well today. He is a massive price (66/1), might be tilting at windmills a little but I do like a bit of value ;)

Now we know the trainer isn't in such bad form, Join The Clan is a big player in the handicap hurdle tomorrow if he can improve on his effort last time after the lay off.

Guaranteed you had at least one orgasm :lol: I though he was going to pull it off for a moment or 2 there

Place laying this Full Shift gamble in the plate
As low as 6/1 in a race like this this even though Geraghty has jumped ship, has 2 apperances at the festival to his name where he's finished 8th and 11th and has done his career winning at Kempton and Newcastle.

Very sweet on 2 horses in the county
john constable
fethard player

specially the irish horse at 33/1 is massive

Good Luck, Suny.

I like Montbazon right at the bottom of the weights.
Fourth in a Supreme Novice Hurdle at this meeting once, then third in this race in 2014 behind Arctic Fire. So there's still room to improving on a rating of 138. Forget his last performance after a long lay off.

Last edited:
Today's handicap guesses:

County hurdle: Great Field, Blue Hell, John Constable, Starchitect.

Martin Pipe: Ibis du Rheu, Nabucco, Squouateur, Children's List

Grand Annual: Croco Bay, Velvet Maker, Rock the World, Next Sensation

Great stuff there from Superb Story and great to see Wayne Hutchinson get up looked nasty .

Sternrubin back to form too and well done all those who put up Fetherd Player.

Last edited:
John Constable wasn't off an inch.

Must be waiting for Aintree or maybe next season.

Gutted. I hate not getting a run for my money.

Anyone who backed Footpad in the first is entitled to feel the same. The filly was obviously the stable's main hope.

i think had sternrubin run like that at newbury he would have gone close in the betfiar..did well to get third...that Old Guard form was attractive for teh winner

I think John Constable found the hurly burly a bit much and Moloney was pushing someway out .

Wait For Me looked very dangerous coming down the hill but flattened out a bit - there was a lot of money for him late .

DO Apple's Jade did beat Footpad just as easily over Christmas .

I know (and you know I know) but when you see how Ruby rides a proper trier at this course you know he's just giving this one a run. Same with Ballycasey the other day.

I was worried about JC when I noticed the jockey wasn't wearing any ad stuff on his chest and he planted the horse a lot further back than at Newbury. I reckoned wherever Sternrubin finished JC would be 10 lengths in front. Might not have beat the winner, I admit.

Back