Cheltenham Festival Handicaps - 2016

Carole's Destrier entered in the Ultima handicap chase on Tuesday at Cheltenham. Had a wind op since last run, just putting it out there.

Also Next Sensation entered in the Grand Annual on Friday.

Last edited:
The weight compression in the Novice Handicap is crazy. Killer Crow who was bordering on favouritism has been balotted out. 42 of the 47 entries were declared!

Always a bit of a sentimental race for me with so many old favourites running; the dream this year would be for Liam to win on Katenko. Having said that I've always done quite well in the race but haven't a clue this year. Hard to ignore jonjo's runner though.

Always a bit of a sentimental race for me with so many old favourites running; the dream this year would be for Liam to win on Katenko. Having said that I've always done quite well in the race but haven't a clue this year. Hard to ignore jonjo's runner though.

On a line through Le Reve, I have Ballykan nicely weighted with Kruzhlin & Theatre Guide. Ballykan @ 33-1 5 places with SkyBet.

Last edited:
Indeed. I've backed Morning Assembly towards the head of the market, and both Ballykan and Audacious Plan all at big prices each way.

I'm probably going to kick myself letting Holywell go, but I still can't get past Jonjo's form, which is sure to come back and bite me hard this week.

3 horses fit the trends in the ultima..will back all 3 as prices are nice..a tenner on each ..bf prices taken

Algernon Pazham 60.0
Indian Castle 38.0
According To Trev 160.0

3 horses fit the trends in the ultima..will back all 3 as prices are nice..a tenner on each ..bf prices taken

Algernon Pazham 60.0
Indian Castle 38.0
According To Trev 160.0

Idian Castle a non runner EC1
Actually put According to Trev in a multiple yesterday myself... I defo thought I'd be the only one :lol:

Regal Encore (Ultima) on a £60k bonus if wins today, having won at Plumpton in December.

I liked the look of him for the plate on Thursday but alas they have decided to send him here, he does like this time of year but was travelling so well in last years Pertemps until he dropped away looking like a blastant non stayer round here.

Has anyone got a clue about today's handicaps? Politologue looks an obvious choice in the Coral Cup but beyond that I'm stumped.

Beast of Burden on the best of his form has to be overpriced today, was coming to win his novice chase when toppling over, and then ran sick. If back to his best will go well today.

Gone with Politilogue 6 places with the sponsors and that's it, Coo Star Sivola and Roman De Senaim in the placepot other than that It will take a better man than me to tackle that particular race.

Coo Star Sivola.

Yeah, just chose this over the French horse McManus purchased last week.
He was a good second to Wolf Of Windlesham who I think will win more races.

Took a chance on Avant Tout in the Coral. I wasn't keen on much else.

Last edited:
Beast of Burden on the best of his form has to be overpriced today, was coming to win his novice chase when toppling over, and then ran sick. If back to his best will go well today.

He was my main fancy last night but I've demoted him to the savers' bench. Took 40s ew still.

Back