Cheltenham Festival: Preview Nights

krizon

At the Start
It's never too soon to start planning! Thought we might do the usual and list them here, now that they're taking shape:

PLUMPTON: at the racecourse, Friday 11 March, 7.00 champagne reception for 7.45 pm dinner.

Panel: Mick Fitzgerald, Andy Stewart, Mark Winstanley, Richard Hoiles, George Primarolo, Tom Symonds.

Cost: £50 inc VAT and half bottle of wine with 2-course dinner. To book, call 01273 890383 or go to http://www.plumptonracecourse.co.uk

Sunday 13th March 2011

Official Cheltenham Festival Preview
The Centaur, Cheltenham Racecourse

Doors open 5.15 Start time 7.00

Entry £10

Panel consists of Paul Nicholls, Mick Fitzgerald, Daryl Jacob, Derek Thompson.

Chaired by Alan Lee

The Waterford preview is hard to beat.Last year the panel was Francome,Cattermole,Fitzgerald,Russell,Ted,Justin Carty,David Pipe and Noel o Brien.Cattermole was the only passenger-the rest are worth listening to.

Looks like Fitzy's going to wear himself out on this circuit, bless him! SO in demand nowadays - and rightly so. The man is totally adorable, too - so gentlemanly and friendly.

I'm going to this one. Will put up the notes after it

Date: Wednesday 2nd March 2011(8pm Sharp)

Venue: Westmanstown Sports and Conference Centre, Dublin 15

Sponsors : 'PaddyPower.com' and 'The Irish Star' Newspaper

Panel: Davy Russell, Barry Geraghty, Evan Williams, Brian Flannagan (The Irish Star), Donn McClean(The Sunday Times), Paddy Power, Colm Murphy, and (MC) Jonathan Mullin (The Racing Post)

Conference Call: Willie Mullins & Paul Nicholls

Tickets: €15 plus available at (01) 8207888, price includes a €5 free bet with Paddy Power

Last edited:
I attended an evening with Jimmy Greaves last night (...full of old geezers)... he didn't have any tips for Cheltenham though and didn't appear particularly interested in answering questions on the Gold Cup. Lazy on the pitch and had not boned up on current form... inexcusable imo.

Hi, BennyB: well, actually... no! I bought it at Cheltenham during the Paddy Power meeting and got his autograph, but before I got round to reading it, I gave it away with two other autographed books as a prize for an MS charity day raffle at Fontwell Park. Is it any good?

It's an entertaining read (though not well written - it reads like he's just dictated it to somebody, which in fairness is probabaly what happened).

The reason I mention it is that it makes you think twice about him being a gentleman.

Sunday 13th March 2011

Official Cheltenham Festival Preview
The Centaur, Cheltenham Racecourse

Doors open 5.15 Start time 7.00

Entry £10

Panel consists of Paul Nicholls, Mick Fitzgerald, Daryl Jacob, Derek Thompson.

Chaired by Alan Lee

Tom Segal (Pricewise) will replace Thommo I gather

Result !

We will be hosting our own "Festival Preview" in The Plough in Prestbury on Monday 14th.

Festivities will commence at around 15:00 (assuming the clickety gets in on time), and will be folllowed by several hours dissection of the week's races in the company of Arthur Guinness, with the punch-up and hospital visits scheduled for circa 10pm.

An evening not to be missed.

Back