Cheltenham Festival:Thursday Races

Oh!!! you guys obviously wont agree with me here

If Paul Townend could ride any horse in the Turners I'd bet it would not be Facile Vega.
The horse is an unreliable rag and probably the most overrated horse Willie Mullins has in his yard. This of course is just my opinion.

Whatever comes out in the rematch between Harry Cobden and Harry Skelton should take this.

I would suggest the best bet is to Dutch them at around 11/8.

Been backing Betterdaysahead who Gordon Elliot claims is the best horse he's ever had

Wouldn't trust Teaphoo with stolen money

The Ryanair is the best renewal in years....It should be a great race I have no real fancy for it but have Banbridge in a multiple

The rest of the card looks like a bad day at Sedgefield and best left alone

Am in no doubt the Nichols and Skelton runners will have their backers and fancy their chances.

I can understand the questions over Vega. He is though getting to finally run over a trip. He plugged on nicely enough behind the Arkle 2nd yesterday last time out.

Choose your corner and bite on your shield. Lets go Vega!

Waiting for Betterdaysahead to complete the Mares double for me No real interest in anything else.

I have since added a dutch bet as I do not fancy Facile Vega. I think this step up to 2m4f is grasping at straws as I have said the horse is a rag

I took Ginnies destiny Iroko and Djelo who could cause a shock.

The I put my account balance on Sir Gino and Gallopin Des Champs double in the hope Nicky has got it right.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
I've just had my first look at the Turners.

I have to say, I think 11/4 Facile Vega is a bet and a half.

He could go off half this

Biggest rougue in the Mullins yard yer both aff yer heids:lol:

If he had run in the Arkle on form he would have finished alongside Matata making him no better than a 148 horse.

I think what you saw is what you will get no matter the trip

Last edited:
Like Amrite in the last race for De Bromhead who is having a good week

Each Way [6 places]...currently 12-1

Like Amrite in the last race for De Bromhead who is having a good week

Each Way [6 places]...currently 12-1

Top on my figures but I'm letting it go this time with a jockey they don't go to very much. I suspect this is a prep for the Irish National, for which he was favourite last year. I might end up regretting the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
I've just had my first look at the Turners.

I have to say, I think 11/4 Facile Vega is a bet and a half.

Biggest rougue in the Mullins yard yer both aff yer heids:lol:

If he had run in the Arkle on form he would have finished alongside Matata making him no better than a 148 horse.

I think what you saw is what you will get no matter the trip

Gimme a break, Tanlic, I'm not gonna be right ALL the time :lol:

Oh!!! you guys obviously wont agree with me here

If Paul Townend could ride any horse in the Turners I'd bet it would not be Facile Vega.
The horse is an unreliable rag and probably the most overrated horse Willie Mullins has in his yard. This of course is just my opinion.
Don't think so,Fist - looks bound to improve for trip and ground & I rcekon he's a solid bet.

Tense today. Guaranteed winning the week with Chianti, Ballyburn and Cpt G (w/o fav) but if I can have a good day I might get in profit for the season. So Facile, Banbridge, Crambo, Theatre Man and Brighterdaysahead - need a couple of them winning.

You called it re Facile Vega, Tanlic.

Hard to believe this is the same horse that was hacking up in the best novice hurdles last season. I wonder if Willie will try some kind of headgear or whatever but it was never competitive today. And nothing came from off the pace either.

Back to hurdles for Facile Vega?

Or the milk round?

Gimme a break, Tanlic, I'm not gonna be right ALL the time :lol:
Milk Round? That would suit him

Can't help it Dessie I have disliked the horse since Tattersalls Novice Hurdle when I thought he threw the towel in.

Didn't do me any good today had 2nd and 3rd :(

Last edited:
You called it re Facile Vega, Tanlic.

Hard to believe this is the same horse that was hacking up in the best novice hurdles last season. I wonder if Willie will try some kind of headgear or whatever but it was never competitive today. And nothing came from off the pace either.

Back to hurdles for Facile Vega?

Or the milk round?

Back over hurdles, aimed at the Stayers next year.

Agree as far as today is concerned. Didn't really look interested at any point.

We move on.

Pertemps - I love this race whether I manage to find the winner or not. Gaoth Chuil looks a decent percentage call given her profile. The other ones of interest are the other novices, so Popova and Cleatus Poolaw are the other bets. I might try and sniff out a couple of longshots too.

Another one that probably will end up on a milk round is a horse I put up claiming he had a big future.

Venetia Williams's Denmat looked the business 2 races back but got lumbered with 12 stone and heavy going last time and never got going.

I hope he sets off in front today because Cheltenham looks right up his street and could outdo his huge odds 100/1 in places.

I'll have a few quid EW and a bet first 6 home for fun as I couldn't pick the winner with a porcupine:lol:

Pertemps - Prairie Dancer 50/1, 6 places - Sky wouldn't let me take the SP in their 8-place market and I didn't want to take their 33s. The chance isn't obvious but it's a second-season novice and could improve as much as many in the field.

Skeltons don't just train handicappers apparently.
Dan put up a spirited defence with Lydia just now.
Quite right too; anyone that cannot rejoice in a little 'un like Langar Dan coming good needs counselling imo

Next up is the horse that could set me up for my traditional Thursday going day. Took Kyntara yesterday @ 25/1 and then waiting for Ahoy Senor 14/1 and Sire d Berlais 11/1, the latter I seem to have backed for years.Here we go!

Back