Cheltenham Friday

Hamm

At the Start
Great card.

Highlight being the last race, Cue Card v Grand Crus. Not a good sign they are running Cue Card in this for Arkle backers, more a race for those who will go on and step up in trip.

I think Crackawayjack could hack up.

If Ericht is anywhere near the forecast 5s I will have a decent bet.

Great card.

Highlight being the last race, Cue Card v Grand Crus. Not a good sign they are running Cue Card in this for Arkle backers, more a race for those who will go on and step up in trip.

Crackaway off 142 - His highest OR was 156 over hurdles? If he is ready he could be the one.

Ericht is in a tough little race - Steps to Freedom has been making all the right moves. Interesting race.

Does Grand Crus seem a little on the small side for chasing. He gives that impression although that may just be his gait. I think CC is a moral in this.

Can't wait for my first taste of NH action this season

Would love to see Imsingingtheblues go well in the 2m chase
Garde the banker in the X-Country
Enfant De Lune in the conditional jockeys race with Conor O'Farrell dictating from the front as he did as ascot weekend
CC in the novice chase

Crackaway off 142 - His highest OR was 156 over hurdles? If he is ready he could be the one.

Ericht is in a tough little race - Steps to Freedom has been making all the right moves. Interesting race.

Does Grand Crus seem a little on the small side for chasing. He gives that impression although that may just be his gait. I think CC is a moral in this.

I thought Steps to Freedom looked a bit mad at times when he ran. Maybe it was Fran....

Cue Card a max bet for me. Grand Crus will be bobbing up and down on the spot. Slow Boat.

Absolutely. I'm astonished. They did the same thing with Cue Card last year though when he opened up Fav against Menorah.

Last edited:
Double for the Tizzards at Taunton today, I know there was a mention of the yard needing a winner.

9/2 Crack Away Jack is a standout price with Hills, won't last.

Ericht 6/1 Bet365 & Stan James, short as 4/1 elsewhere.

It's also completely ridiculous that this novice chase isn't on CH4 and a cross country yawnfest is. Time for Rupert won it last year so it's not like a good renewal is a once a decade thing.

Interesting that Paul Nicholls throws Dualla Lord in at the deep end after just one novice hurdle outing.
Given his history in PTP's, 16/1 is surely too generous.

It's also completely ridiculous that this novice chase isn't on CH4 and a cross country yawnfest is. Time for Rupert won it last year so it's not like a good renewal is a once a decade thing.

Agreed

Is always a hot novice & has been won by Imperial Commander, Weird Al & Comply or Die in the last few years

Yeah I know but thought you could not get on with Boyles!! Phone sorted to by the way. Now my tongue is hanging out of my head from sorting out your Naps competition and doing a days work.

I'm off for a beer.

Back