Cheltenham Friday

Harbour Court and smaller bets on The Hollinwell, Ockey De Neuillac, Minella Stars and Gale Force Oscar in the Foxhunters :)

the handicaps have been a nightmare for me this week, but the more i look at Alaivan (County Hurdle) the more i keep topping up on Betfair!
6th in this race three years ago, off 144. Since moved from O'Grady to O'Neill, dropped to 132 and sneaks in off bottom weight. 6th in the Betfair Hurdle lto, beaten 5l was a perfect prep for this. He was 4l infront of Smashing in the Betfair Hurdle, and Smashing went on to be 4th in the Coral Cup off 11st 1lb on Wednesday. Alaivan is running round here carrying 9-13 (with the jockeys useful claim). its guesswork whether he is off or not, or the main JP horse, but Jonjo is all about Cheltenham. I would imagine there will be other days for Thomas Edison & Minella Foru at Punchestown, Galway etc.

Good luck today guys.

Last edited:
Alaivan is running round here carrying 9-13 (with the jockeys useful claim). its guesswork whether he is off or not, or the main JP horse, but Jonjo is all about Cheltenham.

AP wouldn't have been able to do the weight on Alaivan so his chances have to be assessed strictly on their own merit. I suspect he's the main JP hope but I've backed them all!!! :lol:

Delighted for DJ, only an Arctic Fire backer or someone with a swinging brick for a heart would begrudge him that win.

The value of perseverance, and the benefit of riding for Nicholls: you don't have to wait too long for a chance to get it right.

Mixed feelings. I backed LF in the Triumph last year but his subsequent form just didn't scream County the way others' did. Fair play to Nicholls, though, he's been touting the horse for this race for long enough. Jacob made it look easy but that was a top class handicap.

Delighted for DJ, only an Arctic Fire backer or someone with a swinging brick for a heart would begrudge him that win.

Arctic Fire backer right here!!
Im not made of stone, If I was going to get done by any jockey DJ was the one I would have chose :cool:

Back