Cheltenham Handicap Watch

What number is At The Acorn in the list guys?

The racing post is giving me declarations but not weight order.

What number is At The Acorn in the list guys?

The racing post is giving me declarations but not weight order.

Click on the individual race time at the top of the card for the day. You can then click on the column headings and the card will re-order accordingly.

There will be some (eg The Conditional) hoping to get in the Ultima that will only go Kim Muir if that earlier route is blocked. You'll know more on Sunday but you could check out the double entries if you want some comfort.

A bit of help if anyone knows please.

There are 8 horses on 139 in the Northern Trust Novices Handicap Chase. After the six day decs last year I seem to recall everything stood there ground and the top 20 were the same horses that took part.

So my question is in what order are the 8 horses on 139. It won't be racecard order and I can't remember the criteria. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer.

I'm pretty sure if any horse has been raised since the weights were published (via collateral/subsequent form etc), they get in, highest rating first, likewise anything that's dropped would be unlikely to get in. Others that are still on the mark go to ballot, I'm sure.

The more I look at the County, the more I think JP has a great, big, fat, stinking rat in there, in the shape of Saint Roi.

No better than fair in a couple of Auteuil starts, he was sold to JP out of Guy Cherel's yard; re-appearing for Willie Mullins after 18 months, in an ordinary 2m3f Clonmel maiden hurdle (trailed home in 5th, not at all knocked about). He then came out in another ordinary maiden, easily accounting for Arcadian Sunrise over the bare 2m at Tramore.

Saint Roi has a mark of 133, which you might think a bit stiff for what he has achieved, until you consider that Arcadian Sunrise is a winner twice since, and is now rated 120. I think 133 is a workable mark even if there's no further improvement, and on balance, I figure he could be really well in.

He is #33, which means a run isn't guaranteed, but having looked at the ones ahead of him, I reckon we'll lose the nine he needs, to get in off bottom-weight. 20/1 generally available.

I've been studying the same race - the 2.5 novice handicap 13:15 Sat at Cheltenham - but there's been a couple of different ones took my eye, with a forward view to the Close Bros. at the festival. Elliot was fishing for UK H'cap marks with more than just Samcro here. Galvin at 20/1 for the Close Bros. interests me.

Then the Fav Imperial Aura has been very much on my radar since he finished 2nd to PYM at Cheltenham over 3 miles in December.
He ran a cracking race before just succumbing to the stamina of Pym. I'd hope the shorter trip is ideal for him.
Currently off OR 136 he needs 4/5 lbs rise himself to be sure of getting into the Close Bros. where he's currently a 25/1 shot for that.

I'll take that! Rare occasions when Ante Post works out so nicely.

Back