Cheltenham handicaps

Well having spotted Holywell as a plot the very moment Jonjo ran him over an inadequate trip I am glad i did not abandon him today although I thought 145 was harsh after his Donny win . Paid for my day today bless the little horse.

RP reporting that Cooper may have broken his leg - tough luck on the lad if true, that race was carnage so many never got a chance to run their race.

Delighted for Brian Hughes, a first Cheltenham winner I believe.

Went down to my local coral to watch the last 2 races
Must have been a word in there for Hawk High, The whole bloody shop was going bananas for it and most of them shouting I took 50s! :cool:

Market leaders all drifting in the Byrne Plate .

For what its worth (not a lot :) ) I want to be on WETAK's side here.

The owner Terry Neill likes a punt, so he's worth backing, even more so if he showed as a positive in the betting.

The fact he runs here tell's us he must be showing some at home. 33's will do.:)

Last edited:
Thought of you, Euro, when result was announced!

People can feel sympathy for Jacob, and I could understand it, but he doesn't have the temperment for a big job.

Was lucky enough to meet him through Roddy at Kempton recently and an absolute star of a bloke. Smart and witty and also so genuine.

Hes won me two photos this week too :)

Great ride by Johnson,horse has always been game to stick its neck out.The mrs who has no interest at all except the hats and shoes lifted her head and commented 'isn't the guy crying the one who who didn't want to ride Ruby walsh's horse,you can't have it all ways'.Always thought she never listened to the morning line.

Back