Cheltenham handicaps

I had a good look at the race and will defo be including Time for Rupert. I've got the Jock in my Fantasy league as well!! Cheers for the nod BigRob.

Last edited:
Always liked Time For Rupert since I saw him dual with The Giant Bolster.

The problem for me is, very rarely do these type of handicappers get a second bite at the cherry at The Festival.

E.G..... On a Line through The Giant Bolster, I had Time For Rupert as 10 pound well in for The William Hill Chase when the trainer decided to run the horse in The Gold Cup instead. He'd beaten TGB 2 lengths earlier that season but was rated 7 pound lower than him just three months later by Festival time.

To me it was a no brainer decision, WH Chase, WH Chase, WH Chase!

I still think in the back of my head, that if his connections had run him that year in the WH chase, based on how he performed in the Gold Cup (and what I thought I knew beforehand), he would have absoloutely hacked up...

He has dropped down the weights, but you also have to factor in that he's possibly not the same horse anymore. Happy to see him do it but I wouldn't part with money to find out. I don't want to spoil the party but for me connections missed their chance to win a handicap at this meeting two years ago.

He was off for over a year, has had 3 runs this season, improving each time.

Only beaten 2L lto at Donny on G/S ground. Best ground he has run on since the 2012 GC. I think he's been coaxed along all season for this and always seems to show best form in the spring, on good ground and particularly around Cheltenham. Watching him lto he seems to have retained a certain level of ability. No messin about, this his only entry.

This race always seems to throw up a winner off a low weight. When final Decs are passed for this he will surely be in the bottom 1/4 of the field in weight terms.

I appreciate he is 10 now, but he still ticks a lot of boxes for me in this handicap.

From what I can see on The Racing Post site, he is entered on Tuesday and in the Kim Muir on Thursday? Good Luck to you guys anyway.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I'd argue the fact that he had a year out before that was all the more reason to run him in the easier race which was the WH Chase.

Ps, from what I can see on The Racing Post site, he is entered on Tuesday and in the Kim Muir on Thursday? Good Luck to you guys anyway.

Hmmmmm, missed the Kim Muir entry! .:blink::blink: Still think this will be the target race. Should know for sure tomorrow morning.
Then some firms will start going 4 places on handicaps. Or 5 on some.....

Going by the Racing Post Denis O'Regan is booked for tuesday.

Either way it's NRNB so it wont matter.

Most firms are going 4 places now probably will be 5 on the day
but I'd say he will be shorter than 25/1.

EDIT William Hill aren't NRNB yet

Last edited:
It was Golden Chieftain that had no other entries; Brendan Powell booked to ride again. What I'd give to be a fly on the wall at some of these stables; handicaps are doing my head in and I need to sort out Tuesdays bets tomorrow. TfR will probably be a sentimental bet for me wherever he runs.

Please .. not joking now.. a reminder about Prince Seigfried - not to sure where he's being aimed but look at his form . Handsofstone also picked him and I value his judgement.
He fell when travelling very well -likely to finish just behind IRVING carrying 3lb less weight. He is a listed class horse on the flat so good going ideal.
Splash of ginge has franked the form pls have a look.

Last edited:
I'm desperate to back prince Siegfried but he has no entries at Cheltenham??

Just checked Ajax on Oddschecker - have a look at look conditionals handcp race , this looks like a real sneaky plot job .. I Love It. Bet now if you fancy it cos' it's public now.

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted. The Romford Pele did NOT get in to the REWARDS4RACING NOVICES´ HANDICAP CHASE 5:15 tomorrow.

131 the bottom weight to get in.

JamesRB called it right.

Day 1
Like Cantlow and Hadrian's Approach in the 3 miler.
Manyriverstocross in the 2 and a half miler.

Beeves has a 5lb pull with Shutthefrontdoor for a 1/2 length beating at Aintree in October, yet Beeves is 25-1 & Shutthefrontdoor 4-1. I am also encouraged that Donald McCain says he will appreciate better ground, stays all day & the NH Chase is made for him.

Beeves has a 5lb pull with Shutthefrontdoor for a 1/2 length beating at Aintree in October, yet Beeves is 25-1 & Shutthefrontdoor 4-1. I am also encouraged that Donald McCain says he will appreciate better ground, stays all day & the NH Chase is made for him.

Beeves one I had a sideways look at myself, jft, but I'm sceptical about McCain as a trainer (he's OK, but he strikes me as maybe having shot his bolt a little), and I ultimately preferred others.

Maguire is out of the Festival, so mind how you go. :cool:

Last edited:
wrong turn's got in and danny mullins rides - same combo as when victorious sunday - im very hopeful for this one. also like vintage star run well in these type of races all year only gone up 6lb in total and dn russell booked which is eyecatching decent e/w shout.

I do like snowdens one in the last. Right profile and who that Kempton race very nicely indeed.

What the **** was Patrick Mullins doing on Suntiep? Ridden as though he wasn't off, but obviously he was. Shocker.

Last edited:
Back