Cheltenham Preview evenings 2016

I'm in the process of organising the Taunton Racecourse one as last year. Date booked Friday 11th March and am hoping for a repeat line-up on the panel.

Will update as soon as I have further details.

That's an excellent idea since there's a lot of shite spouted on these things. If the thread from 2 years ago is also available then all the better.

Now that our Birmingham preview is no more we need to find one as close to Derby as possible.

Baldeagle is in the process of organising one at Kanturk Rugby Club March 10 .

Maybe Slim will grace us with his presence and put us right for the week !

Kanturk is a long way from home these days. You need 'doggy' Keefe on the panel.

I'll add my two cents to the 'alternative Cheltenham thread'.

Will probably be having one in The Griffin, St Helens after the pub quiz one night - it'll just be me telling folk I have a certainty to win the Foxhunters and then having a week to come up with it but should be a great laugh.

Likely to be accompanied by a picture round and also music - generally some 60's, 80's cheese and some Alexander O'Neal (Criticize is the quizmaster's favourite).

Everyone welcome - £4,25 for a Peroni, real ale on tap, lovely bar staff, good food & Sky TV.

Martin

I'm aiming to be at the London one in Covent Garden this year if anybody is thinking of attending.

I doubt it'll be £4.25 for a Peroni though and the good food will generally consist of something you can't pronounce.

Paul Nichols, Philip Hobbs David Pipe and Nick Scholfield confirmed for Cheltenham Preview Evening after racing at Exeter on February 26th. Advance tickets £10

2016%20Preview%20A_zpsihzxk5f3.jpg

Mine now confirmed for Friday 11th March at Taunton Racecourse - doors open 6pm Preview starts 7pm
Host - TBC
Panel - Paul Nicholls, Philip Hobbs, David Pipe, Tom Scudamore, Martin Chapman (Star Sports)
Tickets only from www.tauntonracecourse.co.uk from Thursday hopefully £15 (sorry had to put price up due to Racecourse costs!)
Charity Raffle in aid of Racing Welfare.

Cheltenham Preview night 22nd Feb,Strand Hotel Limerick
Panel-
Robbie Mc-R Mc
Kate Harrington-KH
Enda Bolger-EB
Davy Russell-DR
Adrian Heskin-AH
Derek O' Connor-DOC

Supreme
R Mc-Min is a banker
KH-Is in with Henderson and Altior is well fancied
EB-Said Min but 2m hurdlers not really his thing
DR-Worried that Min is keen and it's wild jumping.Fears Buveur D'air.He was talking to Noel Fehily and he thinks the world of this horse.Davy has a soft spot for Tombstone and said he's the most likely winner.
AH-Supsasundae
DOC-Min

Neptune
KH-Long Dog is the value
EB-Yanworth
DR-Yorkhill-Could be anything
AH-Hard to see past Yanworth
DOC-Yorkhill

Albert Bartlett
R Mc-Big fan of Shantou Village
KH-Bellshill
EB-Shantou Village
DR-Said Bellshill jumping isn't good enough.
AH-Shantou Village
DOC-Ballydine-Said track would be ideal and gave Jonniesofa at a massive price which Russell took the **** out of him for.

Arkle
R Mc-Buy a bottle of champagne after win Mins and sit back and enjoy this race.
KH-Douvan
EB-Douvan
DR-Douvan
AH-The Game Changer
DOC-Douvan beats Sizing John

RSA
R Mc-More Of That
KH-More Of That
EB-More Of That...Another Jp horse he has tipped....
DR-If it's nice ground No More Heroes,if it's soft or worse More Of That.
AH-More Of That/No More Heroes miles ahead in this and fancies MOT
DOC-Blacklion-Russell again took the **** out of this

Champion Hurdle
R Mc-Would like to see Vautour supplemented but other than that fancies Identity Thief.
KH-My Tent Or Yours
EB-Says it's a pin job
DR-Identity Thief
AH-Annie Power if she runs
DOC-The New One

Champion chase
R Mc-UDS
KH-UDS
EB-UDS
DR-Felix Yonger is good value.Says there'll be a mad pace and he can pick up the pieces for a place at least.
AH-UDS
DOC-UDS

Ryanair
R Mc-Vautour
EB-Vautour
DR-Road To Riches if Vautour doesn't run in this.
DOC-Road To Riches

World Hurdle
R Mc-Thistlecrack should be tough to beat but fancies Cole Harden
DR-Thistlecrack
DOC-Thistlecrack

Triumph Hurdle
R Mc-Let's Dance
DR-It's a terrible race for flat rats.
AH-Let's Dance.Liked the way it stayed on last time when 2nd.

Gold Cup
R Mc-Djakadam
KH-Cue Card
EB-Djakadam
DR-Smad Place-Has progressed well through the ranks
DOC-Don Cossack

Other notes
Cross Country-
EB going runner Josies Orders,Quant & Cantlow but the big news was that Foxrock runs in this race.Russell said it has no chance in it

EB-Bit dissapointed with On The Fringe come back run and tougher race this year but going targeting the 3 festivals again.Gilgamboa has Ryanair entry but likely to go for Aintree National.
DR-Zabana schooled well last week and likely to go for JLT or Rsa.Leaning towards JLT.
AH-Blue Hell goes for Country Hurdle & Bishopslough goes for the novice handicap chase on Day 1**
DOC-Might be on Southfield Royale in the 4m.Tom George rang him about the Kim Muir and said he has a couple on good marks.Gave Battleford for the bumper.
KH-Rock The World going really well have a bet on it wherever it turns up.
Oscar Sam going for the Pretemps.Thankfully didn't win lto so penalty wasn't too harsh.Another one to have a bet on.
Lake Champlain/Newberry New for for Fred Winter.
Kepols Queen/Rock On The Moore go for Mares race.
New To This Town might go to the Bumper.

R Mc-Strongly fancies Black Hercules for the 4m
NAPS-
EB-UDS
DR-Limini
DOC-UDS
AH-Yanworth

Last edited:
Back