Cheltenham Preview Nights

Actually she had rather too much to say, the on stage presence of David Hood and Kate Miller complete with flashing board did little to enhance the evening and there was a bit of an atmosphere between her and JIm Mcgrath who did an excellent job as last minute stand in Chairman as Alan Lee had been taken ill.

I know she didn't say a lot [according to this transcript] but I'm sure Kate Miller deserves to have her name mentioned rather than be labelled just as "KM (KM) – William Hill" !

Matt Williams (MW) – Racing Post Trading Post

MW: I wouldn’t back Binocular at 2/1! Too many strong stayers in the race and its Celestial Halo for me.

MW: Kasbah should be 4/6, he’s in a different league. Looking back 12 months he made Inglis Drever work so hard.

JM: Denman...
MW: The vibes tell me he won’t come back and I’m tempted to ignore him completely.

MW: 2/1 is massive on Kauto! He’s in a different league to all his rivals. I can’t believe him and Neptune are so close in the betting.

Hpw did this guy get a job writing about punting? He is fecking clueless

Last edited:
Personally prefer the other chaps - Pyman and Innocenzi though I presume he's highly regarded at the Post and most of the stuff he writes is backed up with evidence he presents at least. Did the Fontwell preview too mind.

Is this the same Kate Miller who appears in my eventing program from yesterday by any chance SL?

Agree with Trackside, she's the best PR girl there is and unlike some actually knows about betting :)

No idea IS, not seen your eventing programme! Kate certainly knows about betting, her Dad is an oncourse bookie so she's been brought up into it.

I agree with Euro about Matt Williams - he's clueless, he's arrogant and an ego on legs. He comes out with such utter shite it's just not true. In fairness to him he does make me laugh a lot, but only because I'm laughing at the crap he writes.

Kate Miller was a pain in the neck. Hood is a good PR man, but did talk some sense at times.
FTW King said Medermit had thrilled him in work in the last few weeks. Re Oh Chrick said he done sparkling work on Wed.
If I had paid for weatherbys reports I would be very annoyed that they had missed two of the most interesting bits of info during the evening.

I agree with Euro about Matt Williams - he's clueless, he's arrogant and an ego on legs. He comes out with such utter shite it's just not true. In fairness to him he does make me laugh a lot, but only because I'm laughing at the crap he writes.

Yeah, he seems an ok kind of guy but as a judge - forget it.

Nah, I don't think that will have been Kate, IS. So far as I know she might have ridden a bit in the past but doesn't do it regularly or have a horse.

Charlie stands at a few places but as you say is a standing dish at Hove - he's based in Brighton.

Back