Cheltenham Saturday 29/1

Tout Seul

Senior Jockey
Have backed Restless Harry EW for the Cleeve. Bit of a recovery mission for me but he delivered here last year on very similar ground winning after an exhilalarating front runnng display. I don't really know how ggod Pipe's favourite is but Harry should be nailed on for a place.

Another one that won here last year was The Sawyer,thanks Brian,now back to a winning mark or nearly ???? Not going at all last week but he does well at the course. At 20/1 I'll have a ew score and maybe the same on a double with Harry.

I'm going tomorrow. Anyone think it will be on or off?

Or one of the Cheltenham classics ......Inspection at 8.15. Then 9.30. Then 10.30. Then off

Last edited:
Last year it was colder than now but warmed up a little in the morning to allow a great day's racing. Can't be there tomorrow but would have certainly set out in the morning. One of my favourite day's racing each year.

Saturday 29th
Time Temp Wind Speed Visibility
00:00 -2 °C NNE 4 mph Very Good
03:00 -3 °C NNE 4 mph Good
06:00 -3 °C NNE 2 mph Moderate
09:00 -2 °C NNE 3 mph Moderate
12:00 0 °C NE 6 mph Good
15:00 0 °C NNE 6 mph Good

50/50 I think

Do hope it goes ahead - would be very interested in Organisateur and Champion Court in their respective races - at their respective prices.

What a plonker Claisse is - make a decision! 10.45 too late as racing us starting not that much more than an hour away

What a plonker Claisse is - make a decision! 10.45 too late as racing us starting not that much more than an hour away

If he makes a decision now he calls it off. It could be raceable in 80 mins. Not ideal but the best decision I think.

Hopefully will get the go-ahead. Like the look of Chapoturgeon in the 2.00. Slight concern they may be looking after his mark for the Festival but hard to see this race not panning out ideally for him with The Sawyer, Little Josh and Buffalo Bob likely to ensure this is run at a strong gallop. This a big drop in class when you consider his run behind Poquelin last season when he would surely have been second off higher mark but for slipping at the last.

Done a patent with Atouchbetweenacara / Ravethebrave / Lively Barn - now down to a double with Donny ab.

Did Organisatuer (thingy!) ew as got a refund on the De Boiton single....

Went to Chelts NYD two years ago - two inspections before racing then one after the 1st race and again after 2nd then an hours delay before 60% of runners wd due to ground! Left after the 4th race.....

I don't get the Champion Court thing. Form of the race doesn't get me high.

For a horse that wasn't trying too hard the last day, he did well to win so well. Marston took a tug of him coming down the hill. His job was to jump around first, win second. I just think there is more to come.....and my mte stands the sire Court Cave.

For a horse that wasn't trying too hard the last day, he did well to win so well. Marston took a tug of him coming down the hill. His job was to jump around first, win second. I just think there is more to come.....and my mte stands the sire Court Cave.

Agreed about Champion Court was really taken with him his last race and that was even when he couldnt hurdle. Hopefully if they have tightened that up a bit he will be very close and will take a very good one to beat him imo. 9/1 with bet 365 is very tasty.

Little Josh not doing much to uphold the Paddy Power form there.

Nice round of jumping from Wishfull Thinking.

Thought that was seriously impressive from Wishful Thinking watching it was thinking to myself if they run him in the Arkle he could well be a bet.

I like organisatuer in the cleeve. Highest rated of course but could even improve again given trip. Also might be better suited this was round. Grand Crus has really been running off a featherweight.

Today must be the day for Punchestowns

that run last could be very good..the winner is unexposed and tatenen beaten 40 lengths came out and won a class 2 by 16 nto.

that form looks very good to me...first really decent bet for a while for me..with how my lucks been

Back