Cheltenham Saturday 29/1

Im on a shocking run and have changed my mind after looking at the ground. I've had a bet on my dear old friend, The Tother one at 6s, as I think he'll stay better than anything in this ground. Punchestowns will either win on the bridle or may find the distance difficult in this ground. Or I will get it hopelessly wrong and it will be something else!

To be fair EC1, you wuldnt really want to use tatenan as a reliable yardstick....

Last edited:
Did not have a penny on him, but loved seeing the old boy jumping so well and perking his ears. Think it was a very brave ride by AP and they were foolish to let them get away like that.

That was a good performance from Bobs Worth as the second is no mug. Pace far too slow for Champion Court who pulled hard and hung badly.

That was a good performance from Bobs Worth as the second is no mug. Pace far too slow for Champion Court who pulled hard and hung badly.

CC never looked comfortable - hung like a gate out to the right and jumped that way too - looked very light in himself - still only a frame of a horse - not to be written off yet!

Indeed Champion Court pulled hard and hung violently right for a fair way late on into the race, making life very difficult for Marston. Not as noticeable was that Backspin also hung badly left between the last two flights, it almost looked s though something may have gone wrong with him.

And Harry skeletons whip drop didn't help although he still would have come second IMO

Last edited:
Something up with Backspin I am sure - he was hanging all over the place after looking to have jumped better than everything. I am not sure whether he was clipped by that hurdle ,that the horse jumping upside him at the second last knocked over , rebounding .

Something up with Backspin I am sure - he was hanging all over the place after looking to have jumped better than everything. I am not sure whether he was clipped by that hurdle ,that the horse jumping upside him at the second last knocked over , rebounding .

Well bugger me, I agree with Ardross!!!!!

Backspin hung badly left between the last two flights and it looked as though there was possibly something wrong.

Word has it JP backed him, hence his skinny price.

Back