Cheltenham Thoughts - 1 month out

Join the club :0) I have Epeatante for the Mares

I don't think Epatatnte has gone back as much as Honeysuckle and she will be better suitined by the trip than her.

I would fancy her chances but Nicky did say this along time ago before the first 2 in the betting were possible runners
If I owned Maries Rock I wouldn't go Stayers

I hope they do go for the stayers . Teahupoo’s form last spring on good ground was poor, Blazing Khal might bounce , Flooring Porter not in the same form so far . She looks like she has more gears than most of them if she stays.

Just hope Constitution Hill makes it to the gig safe and sound, and proves the outstanding horse he appears to be.

Spoke to Chris Barber today and Famous Clermont definitely goes to Cheltenham for the Foxhunters.

Racing post at it again saying Blazing Kal looking doubtful for the Stayers..could have fooled me he's been cut to 5/2 by most bookies and acouple even going 9/4. but then again all are NRNB so that tells us ziltch

However he's drifted out to 4/1 on the machine...............confusing to say the least

Last edited:
Racing post at it again saying Blazing Kal looking doubtful for the Stayers..could have fooled me he's been cut to 5/2 by most bookies and acouple even going 9/4. but then again all are NRNB so that tells us ziltch

However, he's drifted out to 4/1 on the machine...............confusing to say the least

Why do you say; The Racing Post is at it again?

They're not saying anything, the trainer is, he's being honest. what more can you ask!

Speaking on Monday, Byrnes said: "Unfortunately he got a bad cut in his Boyne Hurdle win and he was on antibiotics after. We couldn't do much with him since and we're after stepping his work up now in the last week.

"We gave him a small bit of work at the Curragh this morning. It's gone late in the day now so we'll see how he works on Friday and make a final decision.

"Hopefully all of ours have some sort of a chance. Blazing Khal is the main one for us and that's who we're a bit concerned about as he has had a poor preparation.
"

Last edited:
Relax Simmo Marie's Rocks owners now favour her 100% going for the Stayers

Nicky is pretending to still be thinking about but don't believe a word of it. He did his sums and it's beeen his idea since day 1 and he put the diea into the owners heads.

As things stand now beating Honeysuckle will be very difficult but to finish 2nd the prize money is 28K but the 3rd only 12K

Finishing 2nd in the Stayers is worth more than winning the Mares at 68K and worth 182K if you win it.

Even 3rd place is worth 34k that's 4k more than 2nd in the mares.

Nicky is a s cute as cute can be and in all his years has always put his horses where it best suits the yard and he has a knack of getting his own way.

Last edited:
Update to my original post:

Supreme
Added Doctor Bravo each-way. Il Etait Temps has barely warranted a mention during previews, and yard connections seem very strong on Facile Vega. Hmmn.

Arkle
Have good prices ante-post about Saint Roi, but don't really think he can get involved. Still not had a proper bet in the race, and have swung back towards Jonbon (after veering towards El Fab for a number of days after Warwick). There's a real possibility I'll just hope for the best with Saint Roi, and not bother with trying to split the principals.

Champion Hurdle
No change - Constitution Hill wins.

Mares
I'm a lot cooler on Love Envoi now than I was a month ago, and I'm not sure I'm all that keen on Echoes In Rain either. I'm actually starting to think that Epatante might be the one, as I think her 2m4f form is pretty bankable overall.

NH Chase
Still with Gaillard Du Mesnil here.

Ballymore
I've been suckered by the confidence in Impaire Et Passe, and have added him to my Good Land bet. I'm all all against Hermes Allen.

Broadway
Still confident Gerri Colombe wins this.

Champion Chase
No bet yet, but probably Edwardstone.

Turners
Still confident Mighty Potter wins this.

Stayers
Backed Blazing Khal ante-post before the Boyne (no particularly fancy prices), but slightly concerned about the likely presence of Marie's Rock. Pot committed now though.

Ryanair
Was obviously delighted with Shishkin's Ascot performance, and confidence is high.

Triumph
Still haven't had a bet. Still likely to back Blood Destiny.

Bartlett
Have ended-up going with Seabank Bistro each-way.

Gold Cup
Still no bet. Still likely to back Galopin Des Champs.

Last edited:
I’ve backed Tahmuras for the Supreme. Originally thought the Tolworth form wouldn’t amount to much but encouraged by Nemean Lion winning easily at the weekend while Colonel Harry also ran well. Tahmuras obviously has to find some improvement to trouble the Irish horses but PFN’s two previous Supreme winners did. 12/1 a decent enough price

Also with Jonbon and Saint Roi but concerned the latter may head to the Grand Annual (have a decent price but not NRNB)

Did Monbeg Genius today for the Ultima

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saint Roi has been taken out of the Grand Annual today, Vike, so will be Arkle.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Saint Roi has been taken out of the Grand Annual today, Vike, so will be Arkle.

so lets look into this

How will the race play out

DD will set the pace for as long as he can, El Fab will be the best stayer in the race and Jonbon is the best jumper and most stunning horse

SR will travel behind them and hope that the pace is too much for all others

DD will set the pace for as long as he can, El Fab will be the best stayer in the race and Jonbon is the best jumper and most stunning horse
After the last day at Warwick, I wouldn't be too sure that Jonbon is the best jumper, especially when under pressure.

Why do you say; The Racing Post is at it again?

They're not saying anything, the trainer is, he's being honest. what more can you ask!

Speaking on Monday, Byrnes said: "Unfortunately he got a bad cut in his Boyne Hurdle win and he was on antibiotics after. We couldn't do much with him since and we're after stepping his work up now in the last week.

"We gave him a small bit of work at the Curragh this morning. It's gone late in the day now so we'll see how he works on Friday and make a final decision.

"Hopefully all of ours have some sort of a chance. Blazing Khal is the main one for us and that's who we're a bit concerned about as he has had a poor preparation.
"

Well Imagine that Max the bloody horse didn't even need to work today. This is what I meant.. just typical racing post drama queens keeping our interest up. Like Denman could meet Kauto Star in the King George....honestly note what they report for a few week and then look back, most of it turns out, while interesting, to be completely off the mark mate.

Last edited:
Back