Chrisbeekracing / Stargazy

Tashunka Witko

At the Start
CHRIS

just like to say what a wonderful run by STARGAZY today in coming 2nd hope the members were please with the run :clap:

Cheers Roger;

Delighted with him, done what we asked and paid a nice return in the process, won't be long winning now and seems to have found his stride. Clearly needs 7f and its nice to see him do so well. given 3 weeks ago he was on his way to becoming my show jumper.

Happy for you - and very relieved tho, I bet not as relieved as you are :laughing:

YAAAAAAAY CHRIS Star did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I got 7s :clap: :clap: :clap: [and 6s and 5s......]

The patience and knowledge that Bill and Chris have put into getting this win is admirable
Well done to all concerned, thrilled for you - and for young Matt who has done you proud

PS I would have had even more on if Bill's filly TANG hadn't come 2nd in the 7.20 - at 40/1 :eek:
- as I was going to lump on the proceeds of my FCT on the 1st & 3rd, as well :laughing:

well done chris and to all the members of stargazy who hacked up in the 9.20 at wolverhampton to night.

what a star you are STARGAZY :clap:

Brilliant result! Well done Stargazy, that was thoroughly deserved.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can some kind mod merge this - Chris now has two threads all to himself :eek:

:laughing:

Thanks everyone;

Really appreciate it, Star has been fantastic and whilst only 3 of us were there tonight I must say to actually have a winner in your own colours is just so amazing.

He is so well handicapped as well.

Credit goes to Bill, Chrissie, Stacie, Jack and all the team who have been fantastic with the horse and I want to applaud young Matt Davies who had plenty go wrong in the race tonight.

Back at the hotel bar on the 2nd bottle of champagne and Im just so ecstatic;

Be interesting if the final shares in him get sold now, but its just so amazing and words cant explain. Ive had so much bad luck with horses and everything and I thought it was destined never to happen;

God I tell you what, no matter whatever happens, this horse is gonna have one long happy retirement. (in a few years)

Thanks everyone for all the words, im just on cloud 9 now and my only disappointment is getting caught on tele bunging the lass;

I probably sound like a right idiot writing this but I can easily say, bar getting engaged to my fantastic and supportive Fiancé this has been the best day of my life.

All together now - AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :P

Seriously, wish I had the dosh... would be v seriously tempted!
Amazing what a bit of self-confidence can do for a horse

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jan 24 2008, 09:26 PM
YAAAAAAAY CHRIS Star did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I got 7s :clap: :clap: :clap: [and 6s and 5s......]

The patience and knowledge that Bill and Chris have put into getting this win is admirable
Well done to all concerned, thrilled for you - and for young Matt who has done you proud

PS I would have had even more on if Bill's filly TANG hadn't come 2nd in the 7.20 - at 40/1 :eek:
- as I was going to lump on the proceeds of my FCT on the 1st & 3rd, as well :laughing:
i only got 7-2 :suspect: so well done Heads. i still made a good wedge.

Courtesy of The Racing Post:

STARGAZY had been doing his best work at the finish when second in a similar event over 6f here three days earlier, and the ex-Roger Charlton maiden showed his appreciation of this stiffer test to win with a bit to spare. He is rated just 39 at present, but can expect a leap in his rating after this clearcut win over a couple of 45-rated horses.

I didn't see the race as I'd gone home from the bookies by then :rolleyes: but Stuart the best tipster by far on Betfair Radio was very complimentary about Star - said he was "the only one in the race to have anything going for him", had taken a while to find his feet, was going the right way, they'd found his right trip, expected better things etc etc. He was v amused by the betting patterns on the race btw :P

Couldn't find his other threads except one of pics but Stargazy came back into training the other day and looks amazing.

He has had 8 weeks holiday and has put on a good deal of condition and looks to have grown upwards as well.

We knew at the end of the season when he picked up a knock at Kempton he would need a break and its done him the world of good and he looks great.

I must admit he has filled out and strengthened up so much and we know he is nicely handicapped for his new campaign.

This isn't a sales pitch but there is still 3 x 5% shares available in him and if anyone is looking to be part of a fun partnership horse which includes plenty of days out and days racing, as well as a couple of hospitality days then get in touch, shares are at affordable rates.

But this is just an update to let members know he is back in training and is looking well.

Hopefully we can get a run into him come the end of July and then the meetings start at Wolves again quite frequently in August so now seems a good time to get going again with many trips to Wolves on the agenda once more as well as a trip across to Ireland to Laytown if we can get another win into him before September.

Chris

Back