Chrisbeekracing / Stargazy

I'd stick with retiring him on a high Chris, he's not a consistent sort if we're going to be honest and another month's training fees and expenses will wipe out what you won the other day presumably?

He's a young enough horse Chris and as you say there's a stable made up for him for when he does retire (be it now or in the future) so it's not like you're after looking for a new home for him or having to find a spot in a TB Rehabilitation centre etc.

I'd take it day by day and see how he works in the next few weeks, if it's the same as prior to his recent win and the races come up then why not. As you say maybe the jockey was the key to him.

Flame,

Headache its half brother run well at Lingfield with Amy Scott on board, probally it's best bit of form so you could be onto something with the female rider. The horse is young but in my eyes is too inconsistant although there could be a few more bandit level races left in him.

The horse isn't a valuable asset and you're obviously not running him from a business point of view but a strong love affair and my opinion would be to retire him.

Flame
You have gone out on a winning note you couldnt have found a better ending to Stargazys career and a brilliant start for Holly Hall.I agree with I Stallion and retire him.
Good luck

Back