Clare Balding to leave C4?

Please let it be true!

By far the most overrated television personality and a benchmark in tedium.

Nothing against her personally, but she's certainly doesn't warrant the right to pick and choose which meetings she gets to cover.

It would be a disaster for Channel 4 racing - she is the only generally recognisable presenter there now.

I agree Euro.

C4 racing is dead in the water anyway

Nothing they could do would increase viewers, Sky and football dominate TV and betting. Racings audience is diminishing all the time and C4 is an outpost for viewers.

Racing is a marvellous Sport but I think it's only ever going to appeal to its hardcore followers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be worrying about her going tbh..adds little..in fact nothing imo

its time they got Ken Pitterson in there for a start... do a paddock inspection before each race...he alone would draw people in because he is actually going to help people make money..something that is sadly lacking on there at the moment

I'd still like to see Matt Chapman on there to liven it up..and Chris Pimlott who has a rapport with Ken and can be amusing or irritating depneding on how much boredom you like or don't

I'd also like to see Rory on there..beats Jim McGrath hands down for analysis and knowledge

It could be a pretty good show with these ingredients...for anyone that thinks some of those above too much..then why are they struggling for viewers..boring obvioulsy isn't drawing people in.

Its time to try something a bit more adventurous for a change

Last edited:
no..its already got that prescription

the boring poe faced route has been soundly trod..most people don't like boring..hence its current plight

whenever polarized characters are suggested we always get ..oh that won't work..we need boring..coz that always works doesn't it?.

people like watching interplay between presenters..you will get that in spades with my team..and people will watch and it won't be drab.

with KP in there we will get to see horses parading...and actually learn something useful...they seem to have forgotten that part of the game

Last edited:
I should get rid of Cunningham - he adds nothing but annoyance and Tarnya too .

Sean Boyce always comes across as intelligent and perhaps he would be good in the ring . Ken Pitterson did appear on RUK for a time did he not and was not particularly illuminating then.

Jim McGrath is one of the most knowledgeable people in the game.

its well hidden then tbh..yes he's knowledgeable..but he has never pointed me in the direction of a winner with any argument put forward..sits on fence too much..past sell by date..nice chap..but its not just about being a nice chap

I'll put Rory against him anyday

Last edited:
I should get rid of Cunningham - he adds nothing but annoyance and Tarnya too .

Sean Boyce always comes across as intelligent and perhaps he would be good in the ring . Ken Pitterson did appear on RUK for a time did he not and was not particularly illuminating then.

he's red hot most days on Will hill radio..so you not giving him much chance tbh.

I don't understand why Tarnya is there..does anyone know?

I agree Euro.

C4 racing is dead in the water anyway

Nothing they could do would increase viewers, Sky and football dominate TV and betting. Racings audience is diminishing all the time and C4 is an outpost for viewers.

Racing is a marvellous Sport but I think it's only ever going to appeal to its hardcore followers.

Yep. Coffin dodgers and anoraks

Jim McGrath is one of the most knowledgeable people in the game.

Never given the credit he deserves IMO. The one presenter i have always listened to. Hes top class imo

Shuffling presenters is a bit like deckchairs on the titanic. Personal preferences will abound but fwiw i cannot abide listening to tanya and would only have Chapman on to sweep the floors

I agree with EC GET Chappers on C4 to liven it up plus he gets to talk to the right people and can be controversial as well which will add to the ratings.
And with that bombshell its back to ATR

Back