Clare Balding to leave C4?

She's waiting for a bigger carrot to be dangled in front of her

:)

Last edited:
Does anyone have Channel 4's viewing figures before and after the Highflyer split?

Would be interested in that as well.

My feeling is that anybody thinking that the make-up of the presenting team is having a serious impact on the viewing figures is missing the bigger picture.

I'm not a huge fan of Balding's. For someone who performs largely the same role, Nick Luck is in a different league.

It's probably just my post-colonial inferiority complex, but when she goes on PA at racecourses and gives it the"YOUR MAJESTY, MY LORDS ...yadda yadda yadda" I tend to projectile vomit.

Not just you AC, the fightening thing is the gusto with which seems to do it. You're left the impression she actually believes in the legitimacy of the hierarchy she's sycophnatically crawling all over.

Personally I can't think of many worse candidates for the role of Director General of the BBC than Clare Balding, but there are a few who've earmarked her for it, and if you're a really observant, you'll notice how a few fringe minnions have taken to desperately trying to engratiate themselves to her. Since when has she ever been "a national treasure" - hang your head Graham Cunningham, (and others)

Nick Luck is much better when he is on RUK seems much more natural than when he is being heavily directed on Channel 4 .

I agree entirely about the failure to read out the full race card - seriously backward step .

While I am at it: Why the phuck when reading the runner and riders do they always say for instance "take out 14" when they come to a non-runner?

Why not just say "number 14, Slim Chance, is a late non-runner?"

It's probably just my post-colonial inferiority complex, but when she goes on PA at racecourses and gives it the"YOUR MAJESTY, MY LORDS ...yadda yadda yadda" I tend to projectile vomit.

Yes, me too, but didn't her predecessor do the same thing? (And the madge, lords etc stuff is really only at Royal Ascot, is it not?)

It's part of that 'sport of kings' perception, I suppose.

Liam Treadwell's grand national winning interview.

Asking John Magnier after Pour Moi's Derby win about the sad disappointment of Carlton House before congratulating him on his win.

I thought her interview with Richard Newland after this years grand national was awful as well. (People might have asked about Doctor Who??)

As Warbler said, made of the establishment. I think she lost interest in the sport a long long time ago and having her eye on a bigger prize makes sense.
Absolutely.
Just to own up to subconciously combining her Derby 2011 performance (Carlton House/Queen/Stoute) with 2012 (Bonfire/Highclere/Balding).

Back