Cleeve Hurdle

Mikael was always overhyped. The amount of people who thought he was the 2nd coming.
Dear oh dear oh dear.

You know what Neptune winners are like, Frankel. A lot of them can be disappointing when unleashed at the top-end in open company. :p

By the time we get to March it might turn out that Rule the World has more chance of a victory at the Festival than the horse who beat him a year ago.

By the time we get to March it might turn out that Rule the World has more chance of a victory at the Festival than the horse who beat him a year ago.

Another one who has jumped on the Rule The World Gravy train.

You'll be a TNO believer after Cheltenham.

As to Mr Williamson's analysis I wonder about the breakdown of those who need 420 days off say and cases where a horse could have come back earlier but the comeback has been deliberately delayed to enable the best prep for a comeback big target ?

I was against At Fishers Cross for my life at Ascot but I think he will run well on Saturday and wouldn't be surprised to see him win.

Considering it was a pipe-opener on ground that was against him I thought he ran well at Newbury until he made a horlicks of the 2nd last, and expected a lot better at Ascot. Apparently had back problems there (maybe, a result of that jump at Newbury), and if they're sorted out and the heavy ground much in his favour, no surprise to see him run a massive race today.
Still has the Chief to beat, but (at 8/1 ew) should be too good for the rest of them.

In reply to Aragorn I think Cheltenham is the ideal track for AFC with his on and off the bridle style of racing.He should appreciate the going and I could see his odds for the World Hurdle being a lot shorter tonight.
No better man then Nicholls to get one back after a long lay and he is an excellent price today at 6/4but whatever about today I just can't see him winning at the festival.

As someone who recently dismissed BB's comeback on account of the jockey situation, I have to say i'm swayed back to him by Nicholls's comments, particularly regarding those uphill canters.

I've always said that the very best horses seldom run within 10lbs of their very best first time up. It seems to be easier to get a lesser beast to do so than an elite animal.

Big Buck's at his best is a very long way ahead of this field. He could be 10lbs off his best and still win. That's maybe the kind of datum the excellent Timeform analysis doesn't allow for. It isn't really enough to say, "He's Big Buck's" as if that alone is a pertinent fact.

It's the fact his best is so much better.

It's a bit like Frankel making his comeback in a G3. Throw the stats out the window. If he's anywhere near close to fitness he wins easily.

If not, despite Nicholls's remark that he'd have liked to get another racecourse gallop into him, if he doesn't win then his other bullish comments might reasonably raise more suspicion than anything relating to the midweek coup.

I've place-laid Big Buck's at 1/2.

He isn't in against mugs, and he is assuredly not going to be knocked-about, as they only care about getting to the Stayers in one piece. I think they'd be happy-enough with a close-up third; beaten not too far.

He isn't in against mugs, and he is assuredly not going to be knocked-about, as they only care about getting to the Stayers in one piece. I think they'd be happy-enough with a close-up third; beaten not too far.

Cobblers . Big Bucks to win eased down by 3l.

Backed him in a double with Reading (5/2)
But your point there Grass is exactly my worry
Boston Bob the main danger for me even without Townend riding who I think gets on very well with him.

That was fine from BB, But for Boston Bob, RDS and AFC to get beaten by the admirable but extremely limited Knockara Beau?? Words really fail me.

That was fine from BB, But for Boston Bob, RDS and AFC to get beaten by the admirable but extremely limited Knockara Beau?? Words really fail me.

Boston Bob should be chasing and is way too slow to be a factor in this company at this sort of trip.

RDS is not a Cheltenham horse despite his win in this last year. That was a poor renewal.

AFC was in sort of comeback mode and will improve like Big Buck's.

Back