Clockwatchers' Corner

I've been calculating my own for decades!

I've packed the form away for the weekend (done all my figures for Saturday) and will post my going allowance for that Sandown meeting once I start doing York.

Yes, I only noticed my error when Here And Now was engaged at Chester yesterday. I was hoping nobody had noticed!

To balance it out, though, I did put up Master The World ante-post at 20/1 for the big mile handicap a week or so before I went away so I was hoping for some latitude :lol:

You did but let's not be doing that again. You have a reputation to uphold :0)

I think we may have seen a very special horse in Harry Angel at Haydock.

The 5f race won by Priceless looked to be run largely in line with the form figures and the going allowance ties up well with the good 3yo handicap won by the Johnston horse. However, despite being just a 3yo, Harry Angel has run no less than 26lbs faster.

It would be dangerous to take that at face vale as it would mean the placed horses behind Harry Angel would also be faster than Priceless – they may well be but I think it would be dangerous to assume so at this stage – but Harry won in sensationally impressive fashion and if he’s got more to come he will be very hard to beat, certainly against his own age group.

Knew it!

Tracker horse, from the fast 7f race on Eclipse day won by Mojito:

Catterick 3.15 - Tai Sing Yeh

He was only eighth on the day but all of those who finished in front have subsequently won or run well. The problem is, those behind have disappointed so he's very much an in-betweenie but at 10/1 or so I'm happy to take a wee risk in this lower grade.

Tracker horse, from the fast 7f race on Eclipse day won by Mojito:

Catterick 3.15 - Tai Sing Yeh

He was only eighth on the day but all of those who finished in front have subsequently won or run well. The problem is, those behind have disappointed so he's very much an in-betweenie but at 10/1 or so I'm happy to take a wee risk in this lower grade.
Music to my ears, like this too. Good luck.

Looked a wee bit unlucky. Hope you backed it ew, marble (I didn't).

At least it was trying and things just never opened up for it in the straight.

Just did it in a little yankee mate. I'm three down, with three to go. Next three all at Gosforth tonight.

Back