Colm Murphy

I agree Brian. Oran (Cantoris), is one of life's gentlemen.

Its fitting that Black Zambezi is Colm's final runner, with Oran's links back to the heady Brave Inca days who he owned with his family.

By the way has anybody seen the elusive bugger recently? And has he said where Presenting Beara and Black Zambezi are going?

Last edited:
Colm has announced that he's taking his licence out again and will resume training. One of the good guys for sure and it'll be good to see him back.

He looked a bit of a fish out of water in his HRI role so it is good to see him have a go again.

Agreed. He looked a little burnt out when he stepped down, so hopefully he will relax, enjoy and be successful in his second movement.

This good news is the first visible consequence of Gigginstown departing the stage.

I was thinking along those lines too Art given the timelines

I'm also guessing that Colm has come into some new finance or maybe has managed to secure a new owner or two with some money to spend

The landscape of training horses will change a good bit in the coming few years so if he is to make a go of it, now is probably the time

No doubting his talent, he probably just needs to embrace the publicity side of training that bit more

Yes P J, the timing of the announcement and the statement that there's no rush about it are surely an indication that he sees Giggi's phased departure as his opportunity to get going again.

It will be hard for him to do the media and entertaining owners thing when it's not in his nature.

Yes P J, the timing of the announcement and the statement that there's no rush about it are surely an indication that he sees Giggi's phased departure as his opportunity to get going again.

It will be hard for him to do the media and entertaining owners thing when it's not in his nature.

He should outsource all that to our own Eddie - right man for the job

Back