Concert For Diana

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
Could it get any worse

any dream will do witth Jason Donovon and Donny Osmond and another randomite i dont know in the middle and a load of kids who sound better.

this is shite,

oh and andrew lloyd webbers arrived for an encore.

Originally posted by cricketfan@Jul 1 2007, 08:08 PM
Just saw Jason Donovan looking very haggard.
That's what Mr GG said, that Jason Donovan had the body of an old man. I said that's what happens when you do huge amounts of drugs in your youth.

Pointless event if they are that bothered about charity just have a whip round with the Princes - they don't need a concert to celebrate her life.

Could also do with stop making members of the public and celebrities white wash over what she really was.

Regardless of what she did in her private life though, there's no denying the amount of good she did for charity and the way she highlighted causes in the way no other member of the Royal family could. How many people had heard about the horrific injuries being caused to innocent people by landmines until Diana was all over the news walking in a minefield? How many people changed their attitude to people with Aids or Leprosy when they saw that it was safe to hug somebody aflicted with it?

Oh ffs - was she really that bad? Yes, the mass hysteria over her death was and still is utterly ridiculous but she is far from the "freeloading slut" some have made her out to be. As Griffin says there is no question that Diana did a lot for charity and gave a lot of her time and effort to helping people, especially critically ill people - not to mention that she did all this whilst knowing fully that her marriage and life was a charade as her husband had been hardly hiding the fact he had been screwing his ex for as long as they had been married and never had any intention of ceasing doing so. Imagine what knowing that must do to your self esteem.

Exactly ladies, I have seen first hand the slums and poverty in South Africa/ Lesotho, which she virtually singlehandedly brought to the worlds attention. She did more for charity and disadvantaged people than anyone i can think of. Seems like some of you look to the worst in people, and judge them on that, and ignore everything else they did.

Think how many hundreds of thousands of £ this concert has raised for charity, if you think you can do better then go ahead, try it.

And if someone called my dead mother a whore, i'd want to rip their heads off, i think William and Harry have been very dignified in their behaviour. I cant imagine losing my mum now, and im 24, never mind ifi was 11 or 15.

Well i've really enjoyed the concert, if you don't like it, TURN IT OFF!!!!!

And if someone called my dead mother a whore, i'd want to rip their heads off, i think William and Harry have been very dignified in their behaviour. I cant imagine losing my mum now, and im 24, never mind ifi was 11 or 15.

Well i've really enjoyed the concert, if you don't like it, TURN IT OFF!!!!! .

Completely agree....a little respect wouldn't be too difficult.

There are plenty of people out there who do lots for charity and don't feel the need to invite the press along to see what they are doing. She did good charity work, yes but so do hundreds if not thousands of others.

Originally posted by PDJ@Jul 2 2007, 05:33 AM
There are plenty of people out there who do lots for charity and don't feel the need to invite the press along to see what they are doing. She did good charity work, yes but so do hundreds if not thousands of others.
Free advertising for charities? How shocking! I don't suppose any of the charities she were patron of could afford a front page advert in the papers, yet she could provide it for them. How many charities would say no to that?

Regardless of what good Diana did, what I always remember was that another very well known person who devoted her life to helping others, died around the same time but was virtually forgotten.

Mother Theresa

I think a few of you on here should get out more. The concert was fantastic. Even my Dad who is 73 years old loved it and he watched it from home. There was something for everyone. Jealousy really is a horrible trait.

Not everyone was there because of Diana, it was an event that was shown to millions of people across the world, the artists gave their time for free and I am sure most of the people there had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Six hours of pretty varied entertainment for £45.

Appreciate it for what it was. A brilliant concert the new Wembley Stadium in the sunshine. I can't believe a few miserable farts from this forum (or perhaps I can) sat at home to watch it purely to pick petty faults with the way some of the artists "looked". Priceless.

Originally posted by Kathy@Jul 2 2007, 11:21 AM

There was something for everyone.
I didn`t see most of it but that plainly isn`t true.

The best bit i saw was the blind Italian opera guy. Awesome voice.

Originally posted by Lee Chater@Jul 2 2007, 10:27 AM
Regardless of what good Diana did, what I always remember was that another very well known person who devoted her life to helping others, died around the same time but was virtually forgotten.

Mother Theresa
I remember Elton John's Sandals in the Bin was very moving at the time.

There are many people that deserve recognition for their charity work across the world not all of them would want the fact advertised and just went quietly about their work. Princess Anne is one such person.

Just to remind people that several charities are going to benefit to the tune of a good few hundred thousand each after yesterdays concert, and I am sure they would not be slating the reasons behind putting the concert on. These were charities that Diana supported, that the princes continue to support and some additional specially chosen charities of theirs too. How can raising money for charity be negative thing - apart from having to watch Ricky Gervais do that dance again. :what: Millions of people watched it, went to it, and the vast majority (except a few on here) actually enjoyed it.

Even the sun shone all afternoon. :clap:

Courtesy of the Concert's own website, here are the charities that will benefit:

Princess Diana's Patronages and Memorial Fund

The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund works to raise awareness of issues that were close to Diana’s heart, and provides grants to support charitable organisations in the UK and abroad, working in areas related to the kinds of causes she championed. These include projects to assist those living with HIV/AIDS, communities affected by landmines, and other vulnerable and marginalised people. The Concert for Diana will also support the work of the five organisations other than Centrepoint of which the Princess was Patron at the time of her death – the Royal Marsden and Great Ormond Street Hospitals, The Leprosy Mission, The National AIDS Trust and the English National Ballet.

Prince William
Centrepoint, UK

Prince William is Patron of Centrepoint, the UK's leading youth homelessness charity. As a child, the Prince visited homelessness charities in London with his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales. William also visited a homelessness charity in Newport, Wales with his father just before his 21st birthday. In 2005, William spent a few days volunteering at Centrepoint working with young people. Prince William said "Charities like Centrepoint do such an amazing job in helping to combat homelessness and social exclusion and I just wanted to lend my support to their remarkable efforts."

Prince Harry
Sentebale, Lesotho

In April 2006, Prince Harry and Lesotho's Prince Seeiso founded a new charity called Sentebale to help vulnerable children and young people in Lesotho, particularly those orphaned as a result of AIDS. The new organisation is a major step in Prince Harry's pledge to continue his mother's work with disadvantaged children. He co-founded the charity with Lesotho's Prince Seeiso whose own mother Queen Mamohato, a much-loved figure in the country, died in 2003. Harry revealed: "Sentebale means 'forget me not'. We chose the name as a memorial to the charity work of our own mothers, as well as a reminder to us all not to forget Lesotho or its children ."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The National AIDS Trust
The Leprosy Mission
The Royal Marsden Hospital
Great Ormond Street Hospital
The English National Ballet

Helen, repeat this mantra, "millions of people enjoyed the concert, this forum will not make me feel guilty for enjoying it".

Repeat about 300 times this evening and you should be OK by tomorrow.

Kathy, it's hardly the forum, just a few individuals who disagree with you.

I watched it on and off; it wasn't exactly gripping me but it was nice to hear Tiny Dancer near the end - a song from back when Elton was trying.

Back