Coolmore

It's interesting imo that even on this board which has a good many people deeply involved in Irish racing, we don't seem able to get answers to some fairly basic and interesting questions about how they run their affairs.

Sorry to disappoint, Headstrong. Especially after all those fascinating insights into Great Leighs.

I made all those points myself, that it's par for the course with big operations! We don't however have people on any of the forums with any close links to Godolphin so far as I know.

I'm not the only one on here who would be interested to have more insight into how Ballydoyle works - as this thread demonstrates - why is that putting a 'question mark' over the yard??

Isinglass: I was in the PR close to AO'B on Saturday when he was giving instructions to Ryan M and Murtagh. they lasted for a considerable time and the detail was quite astonishing, involving tugs on the reins and so forth... I was quite mesmerised by it

I think that this is an underrated and significant element of the appeal of horse racing. I well remeber AOB's warm congratulations towards PCH after Authorised's wins. It was sincerely meant.

With so much sport showing an ugly face these days (athletics, football, formula one and so on) sports where certain values are held high and the game itself is seen as more important than the egotism of the personailties involved appeal more and more

Along with test cricket, Racing at the top level enscapsulates this

Yes, and the nice thing about it was it looked like he genuinely meant it, and looked quite chuffed for Chapple-Hyam.

Also, if you remember Sir Percy's Derby, Magnier was quick to warmly congratulate Tregoning and the Pakenham's despite tragically losing one of his most talented horses.

Magnier and O'Brien are decent people, and more than gracious in losing.

Pity the same can't be said for that slimey Tabor. Not sure why Magnier wants to be in business with him.

To me, he looks and sounds snivelling, sneaky, deceptive and a man to who the ends justifies the means.

He and Magnier seem poles apart, at least to me.

Back