Coral Eclipse Stakes

Guest_

At the Start
Murtagh just lost his appeal so he does not ride in the race.

Assuming Sea The Stars misses the race who is likely to turn up?

Rip Van Winkle
Cima De Triomphe (?)
Conduit (?)
Crowded House
Archipenko
Twice Over
Pipedreamer
Campanologist

Any idea who will take the ride Gal? Obviously won't be Moore and I doubt they'll give Heffernan this gig will they?

Kinane or Soumillon?

Corals go:

Sea The Stars 5/4
Conduit 11/4
Rip Van Winkle 9/2
Cima De Triomphe 8/1
Archipenko 14/1
Twice Over 16/1
Virtual 20/1
Campanologist 33/1

Ouch. Sandown isn't that far from Wimbledon and it's surely gonna rain there at some point.

Looks a cracking renewal if STS turns up. Murtagh missing on RIP a big negative for me, and i'll be topping up on the favourite if he runs. Wish I could go.

Conduit v Sea The Stars would be a fascinating race. Throw in a Coolmore hype horse and a possible Falbrav II and you have a cracking race - Ill have to check airline prices..

The ground at Sandown is currently good to firm. They are watering with showers forecast for next week...sound familar?!?

Cracking renewal imo, assuming Conduit turns up.

RVW is a big price at 9/2, there's no way he'll go off that big.

The weather is gonna be up and down so fair chance STS may not turn up again! If that happens it becomes wide open again imo. At the moment he is a great price. Not sure why they aren't waiting for the King George with Conduit. Guess may have something to do with his future career as a stallion prospect. Looks a lot better on the CV with a Group 1 over 1m2 to his name.

aye

I hope Conduit don't win..it might influence trainers to run horses over the right distance..ridiculous decision for the horse imo...stud rules the roost

aye

I hope Conduit don't win..it might influence trainers to run horses over the right distance..ridiculous decision for the horse imo...stud rules the roost

Well if Conduit does win, then is clearly would be the right trip for him!

Well this makes alot of sense...

Jamie McCalmont, racing manager to owner Paul Reddam, said: "Plans are on hold for Crowded House at the moment. There are no problems with the horse and he is in tremendous form, but he won't going for the Eclipse."

Well if Conduit does win, then is clearly would be the right trip for him!

is it though?...I'll be amazed if it wins..then again if its only got a few handicappers to beat if the oppo gets watered away

are these the types of CV's we want for breeding?..oh look at Conduit..could win from 10-14f at G1 level..well we know the 10f race was shite but we were lucky they all pulled out

why run a horse at 10f when there are races there for the taking..I've seen this for so long now..Motivator a classic example..never a 10f horse after the Derby whilst it had a hole in its arse....and I said so on here at the time...but they still wasted the rest of its career trying to win at 10.

if the obsession was with stayers we would have 12f horse trying to win at 2 miles if the "trend" of the moment was that...I find it sad and moronic that owners/trainers are forever wanting to prove their horse has speed.

I think Conduit does have the speed to win at 10f. He isnt that slow..

Since he won at Epsom..where he was so well in the trip was irrelevant..he has shown clear tendencies to need the longer trip..yes he nearly won at Sandown when 104 rated drumfire was just a length and half behind him..what a great race that was...he had a hard race trying to win that as well.

that was an early season race..they won't be as easy now at 10f

I think he is a 12f minimium horse..unless they get real lucky...and skin his arse off whilst trying

I don't think he will win (as he is up against two top class three year olds running over their ideal trip) but I wouldn't call it stupid or moronic....nice to see a horse prove his versatility.

I for one did not give him much of a chance at Santa Anita's tight track and had him down as a Cup horse of the future.

the horse isn't proving his versaltility though..he's being put through the mill in races he shouldn't be ...just for stud value...its greedy and wrong imo...nothing to do with versatility

what is wrong with the breeding industry when wins at a horse's natural distance are deemed less important than it winning a watered down event at shorter and having to be hammered to do so...sad state of affairs imo.

KG is just around the corner...is it a negative now to win that?

Back