Coral Eclipse Stakes

I think even Conduit being a top class horse he is going to find it very hard to give the 3 year olds 11lbs even if they were an average bunch!

the problem with Conduit is not the 11 pounds wfa,

it is if he will have the speed in 10f races, especially if the pace is not very fast.

I could see RIP been ridden more prominently than in his last couple of runs. It seems like it takes time for him to get going.

the problem with Conduit is not the 11 pounds wfa,

it is if he will have the speed in 10f races, especially if the pace is not very fast.

The 3yo's will be too good for him over this trip. I appreciate that they have Tarten Bearer for it, but i'd just aim both barrels at the King George if I owned them.

Conduit will find it hard to give the 3yos 11lbs as he's not a 10f horse - why do people keep backing 12f horses at 10f?

It seems like a pointless exercise in doing one's betting bank, that said if they haven't learnt from the Tartan Bearer debacle they never will.

I think Conduit has more than enough speed to drop back in trip, he's a proper horse and at 4/1, he represents great value against the favourite. He'll have come on leaps and bounds for the BG run.

On a similar note to beardo's post above; Sea The Stars is such a fine specimen that I find it hard to believe he's not ahead of the maturity curve suggested by the WFA scale and that the allowance he gets will leave the older horses at something of a disadvantage.

July Cup is out of fashion now, too much stamina required. He's entered in the 100m at Crystal Palace next month...

All it needs is only AOB's turning up for the July Cup..then stick all his middle distances horse in it..Yeats could get a place

wonder if this could ever happen :p

BBC reporting it could get very wet on Friday as the heatwave breaks ( typical BBCLondoncentric crap - it has been warm in Yorks but no heatwave indeed it looks like only SE England has had a heatwave)

Could this lead to Sea The Stars being re-routed to the KG ?

BBC reporting it could get very wet on Friday as the heatwave breaks ( typical BBCLondoncentric crap - it has been warm in Yorks but no heatwave indeed it looks like only SE England has had a heatwave)

Could this lead to Sea The Stars being re-routed to the KG ?

Amazed if he did not run, even if the rains arrived.

Jukebox Jury is a likely runner and at 66/1, he must be worth a little bet to place, if you can forgive him his last run?

10 declarations:

Cima De Triomphe
Conduit
Lang Shining
Steele Tango
Twice Over
Jukebox Jury
Malibu Bay
Rip Van Winkle
Sea The Stars
Set Sail

Ground on the round course is Good To Firm, Good in places. 5mm rains expected tomorrow.

Back