Fencing Master 3.c
Jukebox Jury (IRE) 4.c
Mawatheeq (USA) 5.h
Sri Putra 4.c
Steinbeck (IRE) 3.c
Twice Over 5.h
Viscount Nelson (USA) 3.c
Zacinto 4.c

I'd like to see Steinbeck go for this. I think he needs more than a mile.

Twice Over looks the class act on form but he is doubtful unless the ground eases.

Great chance for Dar Re Mi you'd have thought. Interesting to see what Murtagh rides, thought Beethoven ran well for a long way in the St James.

Indeed.

However, i think Mawatheeq had a cracking chance at the prices. Vibes were that he needed the run before the Prince of Wales, and he probably should have won the Champion Stakes last October. I'm a big fan of Dar re mi but not convinced she'll be as good over 10 furlongs.

Dar Re Mi is the best horse in the race but 10f - I know it is slightly unfair but STS went past her in the Arc as if she were a tree ! I somehow struggle to see a real 12f grinder like her winning over 10f even in such a weakly contested event .

Twice Over (9/4) ,
Dar Re Mi (11/4) ,
Zacinto (4) ,
Mawatheeq (8) ,
Viscount Nelson (8) ,
Steinbeck (9) ,
Tazeez (9) ,
Beethoven (12) ,
Chabal (16) ,
Fencing Master (20) ,
Jukebox Jury (20) ,
Sri Putra (40) ,
Bright Horizon (150) ,
Encompassing (150)

Yes and I think the step up in trip is in his favour plus he will have the benefit of a run now. But the three year olds look to have a bit to find.

Sky Bet go..

Twice Over 9/4
Dar Re Mi 3/1
Zacinto 5/1
Viscount Nelson 7/1
Mawatheeq 8/1
Steinbeck 12/1
Beethoven 16/1
Chabal 14/1
Jukebox Jury 20/1
Fencing Master 20/1
Sri Putra 33/1
Bright Horizon 150/1
Encompassing 150/1

One of those races where I just wanna be against everything for one reason or the other. Mawatheeq has the most going for him but I can't have the trainer. Might have to be each way.

Not much juice in those prices, when Viscount Nelson is the best three year old on show, you've got problems and he'd probably be my play at the prices if a gun was pointed at my head.

On his best form he has to be the bet but he ran a stinker in this last year and frankly Queally is all too often a liability.

I've underestimated Dar Re Mi in the past; i'll never forget her beating Sariska in the Yorkshire Oaks as I had the Bell filly in a big treble of which she was the final leg. I think the uphill finish will suit but Buick has to ride her aggressively as it usually helps to be on the pace at Sandown and should offset her perceived lack of a turn of foot.

Not great quality but plenty in there and a few potential improvers' so it's an interesting betting race.

If Twice Over lets himself down again on this fast ground then I expect he will be tough enough to beat - now he is a confirmed runner I would fancy him over Dar Re Mi.

Ballydoyle to run Viscount Nelson and possibly Beethoven on Saturday.

Fencing Master goes to Longchamp and Steinbeck for a group race in Ireland, presumably the Meld Stakes.

Back