Coronation Stakes

They have won 4 of the 5 group 1's thus far, and everything seems to be going right.

Is Psalm worth backing based on stable form and likely improvement?

I would be amazed if Infallible got turned over today. She wasn't right at Newmarket and is absolutely flying now, for me these fillies won't know whats hit them today.

Psalm will need God on her side to win today. Excuse the pun

Spacious has more scope than Infallible. I`ve laid off my stake on Psalm and go with Modern Look and the Fanshawe filly.

I wouldn't be backing Psalm on the basis that the stable is flying - after all Henry, DoM and Yeats were all short priced favs and expected to win.

Not at all, she wasnt right prior to the Guineas and worked awful 2 days prior to the race.

You dont get beat a length and not handle the ground.

In the Nell Gwyn I wouldn't have said it was much worse than good ground.

She worked on fast ground earlier in the week and put daylight between herself and 3 other fillies over 1m in a strong workout.

The 2nd in that gallop bolted up for the yard yesterday and was backed as if defeat was out of the question.

This filly will detroy these fillies, she wasnt right at Newmarket and that includes in the Nell Gwyn.

I will be amazed if she doesn't put daylight between herself and these.

Interesting stuff Chris. Gosden has said he is worried about the ground.

Lush Lashes is an absolutely crazy price IMO and I've laid her in the win and place markets.

I've backed Caribbean Sunset in the place market as well.

Very tempted to have a saver on Nahoodh, but I have a feeling she'll be ridden like a typical Johnston horse, which may not suit her.

ran a big race but beat by a better horse.

I think the way she travelled and the speed she showed between the 2f - 1f pole suggests she could be a potentially top class sprinter.

For me she hasn't quite got the mile.

The ground didn't beat her, a better horse did. But 2f out I was feeling confident.

Good filly the winner.

She was incredibly impressive at York and simply didn't stay in the Oaks. Classy, tough filly.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 20 2008, 03:51 PM
She was incredibly impressive at York and simply didn't stay in the Oaks. Classy, tough filly.
Er, are you forgetting her 1000 Guineas run. This filly had no chance on form. But form doesn`t seem to count today.

2f out there was only one winner.

The filly pulled hard early and she was cantering 2f out. Supreme turn of foot to go from 7th to 2nd in the space of 100yds.

She doesn't get a mile.

John Gosden, suplement her for the July Cup, she will dot up. Mind you if thats not you're cup of tea, put her in the Hungerford at Newbury over 7f in August and she can pay for Christmas.

The 1000 Guineas was a blanket finish in which she was beaten 2 lengths; improved at York, failed to stay at Epsom and improved again today. That's what good 3yos tend to do.

Originally posted by Euronymous+Jun 20 2008, 02:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Jun 20 2008, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gareth Flynn@Jun 20 2008, 03:51 PM
Er, are you forgetting her 1000 Guineas run. This filly had no chance on form. But form doesn`t seem to count today. [/b][/quote]
At Newmarket she was trapped out wide and wasn't suited by a slow gallop and was beat no more than 2l. I personally thought she would get outpaced and stay on for 2nd or 3rd.

Mind you I didn't expect her to spread eagle them mind.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 20 2008, 03:54 PM

John Gosden, suplement her for the July Cup, she will dot up. Mind you if thats not you're cup of tea, put her in the Hungerford at Newbury over 7f in August and she can pay for Christmas.
She`ll be taking on older colts then - no chance.

I personally don't think the 6f sprint division is that impressive and don't forget she does get weight for age and sex.

Don't forget Fleeting Spirit has near on matched them so far in its races this year (coughed after the race on Tuesday).

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 20 2008, 03:55 PM
The 1000 Guineas was a blanket finish in which she was beaten 2 lengths; improved at York, failed to stay at Epsom and improved again today. That's what good 3yos tend to do.
You really are the master of hindsight. What was this her fifth or sixth run of the year. FFs prior to the race you`d swaer blind he was doing a Finsceal on her.

That was horrible. I'm taking a hammering today.

Well done with Caribbean Sunset Gareth, hope you backed her e/w.

I don't want to see Jim Bolger on my TV ever again.

Originally posted by trackside528@Jun 20 2008, 02:45 PM
Lush Lashes is an absolutely crazy price IMO and I've laid her in the win and place markets.
That's me well fucked alright.

Caribbean Sunset softened the blow somewhat, but that hit me hard after a pretty good week thusfar.

I didn't have a bet in the race as I could make a case for half the field. I just think it's ridiculous to suggest she had no chance on form. She was the 5/2 Oaks favourite on form two weeks ago.

Back