Coronation Stakes

Euro,

She did have the form, and the speed she showed to sprint clear in the Musidora showed a mile wouldn't necessarily be a problem. I personally didn't back her as i thought she may have had enough runs (made the same mistake once with Peeping Fawn last year). However, some fillies thrive on racing and she is clearly one of them.

I for one, hope she gets a similar campaign to Alexander Goldrun, although I heard the Irish Oaks is next.

You need to calm down a bit re comment @ GF.

I`ve lost around one large this week, so understandably i`m a tad prone to excessiveness.

Making a case for half the field though. C`mon Gareth make that case given the really firm ground The ex Channon horse ran poor last time out, Psalm was a maiden and Dunlop`s was always going to hate the ground as in theory was Infallible. I narrowed it down to Spacious who likes faster ground and Modern Look who is bred to appreciate it.

If it was that easy none of us would be in full time employment.

For the record, I also too backed spacious and Muthabara as thought 14/15 was much too high in the hope she had excuses for her Guineas run. She needs further.

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 20 2008, 02:50 PM
ran a big race but beat by a better horse.

I think the way she travelled and the speed she showed between the 2f - 1f pole suggests she could be a potentially top class sprinter.

For me she hasn't quite got the mile.

The ground didn't beat her, a better horse did. But 2f out I was feeling confident.

Good filly the winner.
Would agree with that summary 100%

Originally posted by Andrew Hurley@Jun 20 2008, 04:10 PM
If it was that easy none of us would be in full time employment.

Obviously it isn`t that easy. But if one follows form, has a certain amount of discipline and uses value as a guiding light then out of around a dozen bets maybe it`s not too much to ask for at least one winner.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Jun 20 2008, 04:08 PM
I`ve lost around one large this week, so understandably i`m a tad prone to excessiveness.

Making a case for half the field though. C`mon Gareth make that case given the really firm ground The ex Channon horse ran poor last time out, Psalm was a maiden and Dunlop`s was always going to hate the ground as in theory was Infallible. I narrowed it down to Spacious who likes faster ground and Modern Look who is bred to appreciate it.
I couldn't narrow it down with any confidence. I respected Spacious for her Guineas 2nd, beating a number of this field. I respected Infallible for her visually amazing Nell Gwyn win. I was a big fan of Lush Lashes after the Musidora and backed her at Epsom but had the same worries about the drop back to a mile and her schedule. Modern Look came into the picture when you pointed out the Prix Sandringham win, and as I said I thought Caribbean Sunset was too big given the collateral form between Longchamp and the Curragh.

Mr Euronymous,

You just chose to (wrongly) discount the piece of form that had Lush Lashes as having the best piece of form in the race.

So did loads of people.

We have all lost lots of money on racing at various times.

Get over yourself. This was hardly a case of a Sir Mark Prescott handicap stroke. She had more than showed her hand in the Musidora.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jun 20 2008, 04:26 PM

We have all lost lots of money on racing at various times.

Get over yourself.
I do apologise. Thing is though, i`m not really used to it so unlike yer normal bookie fodder i`m having a harder time adjusting.

More than that though, i`m annoyed with myself.

I seem to remember I've taking an hiding on the Friday every year, I should really learn! Note for self next year.

I just thought Lush Lashes would have had too much racing to take this and I couldn't find any reasoning why she should finish infront of Spacious as I thought the Fanshawe filly looked like she'd improve.

Nout wrong with displaying your displeasure with not winning, it's when you take it out on other people that it's wrong (which I don't think you have). Many people reading in on these forums will think it's all lovely jubbly and everyone (or most people) especially the shrewdies just constantly make money and have a never ending supply of wonga to throw at gambling.

I don't, i've just finished college and should be going to university in september, I work on a market on the odd day and do car boots etc, that is where my fiver or tenner comes from (would be doing the market today but for my trading license not coming through). Since getting my betfair account last year i've put on plenty of bets, but not one "laying" anything because I simply wouldn't have the sort of money needed to pay out, and from my point of view although sometimes I think something is going to lose it's no value in laying it. The only thing I have done is the place lay market, thats it.

Well, Lush Lashes had the form on Gd-Fm albeit over a longer trip and I thought there looked something amiss with Spacious, just didn't seem to travel with the ease that may have been expected. Guineas form has been turned upsides down and it might or might not confirm that although their not a bad bunch, as a raw form guide with so many close together at Newmarket the form isn't 100% reliable.

ps, if there's any rich women out there.... :D

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jun 20 2008, 03:26 PM
You just chose to (wrongly) discount the piece of form that had Lush Lashes as having the best piece of form in the race.
I still can't agree with that, Bar.

Over 2 furlongs further for a start, and the form of that race doesn't look all that solid anyway. She was very impressive that day though alright.

Over a mile, I still maintain Spacious's run in the Guineas was the strongest individual form coming into the race.

Apart from the winner (who I got totally wrong), I must say my preview got the race quite accurately on the whole, if I do say so. Tut tut! :P

as a raw form guide with so many close together at Newmarket the form isn't 100% reliable.

Indeed - the first 8 were covered by what, 3 lengths? It's worth remembering that that equates to just 0.6 seconds, which is just 0.6% of the time it took to run the race. The margins really are tiny.

Didn't back the winner, but can't say I'm particularly surprised at the result. (More than) Half the field had pieces of form that would entitle them to be thereabouts.

To wit:

no less than 9 horses had been beaten by a maximum of 5 lengths in a 1m Gp1.
1 listed winner (fast ground) stepping up in class - impossible to say categorically that she wouldn't improve sufficiently, although certainly the second least likely winner.
1 Clive Brittain trained likely to pop up at 66-1 in a group race, no matter what the previous form. (Fucking Amfortas. Cnut)

There you go, I've managed to make a case for the entire field in just 3 sentences. What was I doing betting in this race? :D

FWIW I went for Spacious with small dabbles on Modern Look and Psalm.

It`s a horrible race to get involved in anyway. I remember losing a packet on Nannina in the 1000G and totally ignoring her for the Coronation. I was large on Six Perfections in her Guineas and she was mugged by another Cheveley Park filly. Certain trainers are anathema to me, and certain owners as well it seems.

The race was not bad in whole but no special fillie here.

Impressive how this Bolger horses are resisting a man like Bolger running them more frequently than M Pipe with a low grade horse.

Lush Lashes improved her Musidora here (118) and won thanks to the stamina she has.

Infallible looked the classiest of the field but quite clearly she doesnt stay 8f.

I think Infallible is able to post a 116 or 117 and with a 3 pounds weight allowance she could ahve a chance but I think Raven Pass or Aqaleem would beat her giving her 3 pounds.

Gosden intimated he wouldn`t take on the colts with his Ribblesdale winner so unless the owners insist i doubt we`d see Infallible take on Raven`s Pass.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 21 2008, 09:25 PM
Is Infallible good enough to take the colts on in a race like the Lennox?
Don't you mean the Betfair Cup? :P

Not sure I would fancy her to beat Tariq.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 21 2008, 09:24 PM
Did any explanation come to light for Spacious's poor effort?
The trainer's wife speculates on their website that Spacious might prefer a straight track but says that she's more than likely wrong about that. She states also that the filly is "absolutely fine" after the race.

Originally posted by gus+Jun 22 2008, 11:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gus @ Jun 22 2008, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Jun 21 2008, 09:24 PM
Did any explanation come to light for Spacious's poor effort?
The trainer's wife speculates on their website that Spacious might prefer a straight track but says that she's more than likely wrong about that. She states also that the filly is "absolutely fine" after the race. [/b][/quote]
Cheers Gus. She really looked the one to take out of the 1000 Guineas so Friday was disappointing. I am willing to forgive her on the basis the very firm ground might have caught her out.

I think a mile might be on the sharp side for Spacious nowadays. She was well suited by that trip as long ago as last September and her breeding suggests she'll get further.

Back