Coventry Stakes

Way way way too early to be talking about Guineas for this horse just yet.

I don't think so necessarily. I'd take 16/1 if it was genuinely offered.

A great sight, even for those of us (like me) who doubted his debut run.

Interesting to see if he comes over for the Phoenix Stakes and clash with a Coolmore hotpot. He will have to come over.

It's enough to give you nightmares that lot getting their hands on him .

Dazzling and impressive to note the horse he cantered all over at Newbury was only just run out of 2nd

Visually impressive. I have to say I thought he pulled a bit too hard for comfort for the first three furlongs but he clearly had plenty in reserve.

About 6 lengths slower than Henry though. I'll be interested in the final time rating I end up with.

As for his 0.0CD, his total dosage points is 10, which Steve will tell us renders it virtually meaningless. What's Tagula's progeny's AWD? There looks to be enough stamina on the dam's side.

I meant also to say, wasn't it refreshing to see a jockey ask a horse to really put his rivals to the sword and stretch clear? Shades of Brigadier Gerard.

I don't think he could him any longer DO..its now all about 2-3 improvement..as always with impressive 2yo's...superiority wise he looked a 3yo today for sure...so impressive

it was the Coventry Stakes wasn't it? :p

looked more like a maiden race

I'm not a great believer in times, but I don't like a 6l victory being slower than standard and the first three races being fast. Surely this hints at weak opposition?

theres nothing to live with that performance from anywhere to be fair..it will need the horse to not develop ...or something really special to beat it

Hannon has a good chance in the last with Angels Pursuit..Hughes reckons that bar CC its the best in teh yard

I'm not a great believer in times, but I don't like a 6l victory being slower than standard and the first three races being fast. Surely this hints at weak opposition?

its only a 2yo is why

i haven't looked at the times..but a 2yo is automatically 1.6 seconds per mile slower in June for same grade

yes its confusing how they display it

you are right..they should have a standard for each race tbh..what they show is pointless..if you knew that when they said standard it meant for age class and true good ground..you would imgine that you had actually been told something worthwhile

Back