Craven Meeting

beardo

At the Start
Time for the flat season to really start as of tomorrow. Some interesting racing. Anyone got any strong fancies for the next couple of days. I like the look of Marine Boy in the free handicap getting weight off AC if he runs.

Not far off. 50/1 - 20/1 in places today. Not a shock to see Coral top price @ 33/1. They seem slowest to buy into these talking horse gambles.

Not far off. 50/1 - 20/1 in places today. Not a shock to see Coral top price @ 33/1. They seem slowest to buy into these talking horse gambles.

Rightly so, they rarely come off. Coral are very old fashioned with their marketing and services but their trading is generally very solid.

I also see my guineas punt monitor closely is out in the sales race, cant be a good sign he is starting over 1m 2f, my poor money. Looks a decent enough race some unexposed improvers potentially.

Rightly so, they rarely come off. Coral are very old fashioned with their marketing and services but their trading is generally very solid.

I give their prices massive respect. They may not always be right but they're certainly opinionated.

Native Ruler should be a good way to open the meeting tomorrow anyway.

Evens on betfair. I personally would need drugs to back him at that price. No way of knowing and at evens I would want to feel i had all angles covered.

Time for the flat season to really start as of tomorrow. Some interesting racing. Anyone got any strong fancies for the next couple of days. I like the look of Marine Boy in the free handicap getting weight off AC if he runs.

As do I. even though i think AC could be better than 116, i feel the same about MB with his mark, and feel it's too big an ask on seasonal debut to give weight away from that mark.

You have. He either wins or loses so it's 50/50.

All angles are covered at EVS.

Not what i was getting at, which i'm sure you knew ... it's betting blind with many unknowns. Will he take to a racecourse, prelims, the whip, other horses, run green, etc etc.

Regardless of how good he has looked at home, and his breeding, there will be many evens bets a lot better than this as the season goes on.

I'm always off the opinion that if you are "betting blind", an even money shot in a 2-way sports bet is better value than a even money bet in a horse race winner market for the simple reason of the reduced margin. A debate for another thread, another time perhaps.

When referring to Native Ruler - I was not meaning from a betting perspective - just an interesting horse to open the meeting.

Very interesting from a betting perspective too. These types are there to be taken on.

When referring to Native Ruler - I was not meaning from a betting perspective - just an interesting horse to open the meeting.

Yes, sorry if my reply seemed to insinuate you thought it a banker.

I agree, it's a very interesting horse, and talking horses are always good to see on the track. I'd also respect what Flame has said about it with his previous tips but in a hot maiden, it would want to be a lot more than evens for me to get involved.

I think Dunes Queen is overpriced at 24/1 on BF, and has strong each way claims. Channon does very well with his fillies, and this one is well-bred, and as the benefit of a run this year so won't fail for fitness, as the likes of Fantasia may well do.

I think Rockhampton will go very close, especially as it's hard to know what to make of Liberation on his first start back from Nad al Sheba.

The Cecil horse will be difficult to beat in the Feilden.

I like Marine Boy in the Free Handicap; Dascombe's horses went off the boil last year, but he made a very good impression in his maiden, and receiving a lot of weight from Art Connoiseur, he should go close off his current mark.

I think Aldemoor is a massive price in the last, it's a very hot handicap but he won very well at Chester and finished 2nd to the Nell Gwyn 2nd favourite at Chester. I think Newmarket will suit him very well and Stuart Williams has done very well with a similar type in Hogmaneigh.

I'd rather be backing him at 20/1 than Green Berert at 2/1 who appears to be favourite for beating Flamsteed, who is an absolute cow, a 9 pound rise for that is extremely harsh.

Rockhampton must be of interest for today given that it won on its seasonal debut when it appears all of o briens need there first run

Rose Diamond interests me - Elusive Wave looked very good last time out when taking the Imprudence and she (and Proportional, etc.) had RD in behind that day, enough winners have come out of the race and the only concerns for me would be the distance and possibly the ground (though she's won on it in the past), 13/1 on Betfair seems too big.

Rockhampton must be of interest for today given that it won on its seasonal debut when it appears all of o briens need there first run

Welcome to the forum Marrfood...

I like the horse alot but he does not seem that strong in the market this morning. Sumbe appears to be the one for support.

Back