Craven Meeting

A very good quality Free Handicap. A very good top weight (115ish???) and lots of fairly weighted progressive types.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Awinnersgame. His form stands close scrutiny, and he gets a lot of weight from the top one. I haven't been following the Flat much recently, but one of the few races I have seen (at Kempton on Saturday) was one by Noseda, which suggests he is in flying form. To me anyway.

And I had a speculative punt this morning on Wajaha to prove her fitness in the Nell Gwynn. It is nice to see her shorten slightly in the betting.

Gamla do you fancy anything in the 3.00, this looks an exellent race but I must say Classically keeps sticking out at a price for me

No one seem's to be logged on at the moment, I'll try again later before the Arsenal game cheers.

Gamla do you fancy anything in the 3.00, this looks an exellent race but I must say Classically keeps sticking out at a price for me

Massive after time but I fancied The Miniver Rose and Moneycantbuymelove, luckily I missed the race, hence why I didn't reply! :)

Only backed Aldermoor today at Newmarket.

Well that looked quite decent. Rainbow View backers should be a bit worried - surely they can't send Fantasia to France now?

Ah I just love taking idiot's money on Betfair at this time of year. Invisible Man just 1/3 to place there, who are these people?!

I hadn't been following this thread. I'd got it into my head the meeting was next week. I'm gutted at not seeing the racing on TV as I usually follow the form of the Free Handicap closely.

Any reason why C4 isn't showing it?

well just got back from newmarket monitor closely ran a screamer there pulled for his life early, ran green lugging in behind the winner twice and had munro on board making life hard. guess no guineas now hopefully will recoup my money later in the season. lovely looking horse.

I've just rated yesterday's card up and Redwood put quite a performance up, wouldn't be opposing him lightly if he went for the Dante.

Just as a sidenote, there is no way in hell that the ground at Newmarket is Good to Firm, it's riding on the slow side of Good at best looking at the times!

As such, I was going to write a flowing post about how Tazeez is the best 15/2 shot I've seen since erm Dubai World Cup Night when Big City Man was 7/1 but I'm not so sure now the ground has gone against him. I think he's a cracking each-way to place but I'm not so sure he can beat Twice Over on slower ground. His time in the Cambridgeshire was monstrous though and he's certainly better than a handicapper.

With Virtual a non runner he's near certain to place.

There is the penalty of the kockey to consider though.

Not his biggest fan but he's ridden the horse well in the past, given him some peaches to be fair.

You could get 6/1 when Virtual came out which was insanity, best price 11/2 now.

Back