Csf Trial

Yes was a great result;

got £4 at 21 on betfair on Trig to win and £10 place at 5.1 as well, so all round great result.

Albeit a lucky one.

OK, the choices were a bit of a disaster but...

If it flashed up on Ceefax that Triggernometry was 1st and you knew nothing else, would you have offered 9/1 to your mate Betting Bob standing beside you that Dusky Warbler would finish 2nd?

Well done Chris, nice result.

CSF £153 Exacta £125.

I'll keep the reults on the first page.

Played up a bit of my winnings now;

Had a £20 C.F.C this race on Templer, National Trust and Grasp.

Also had £20 win Grasp @ 7.0 and £30 place @ 2.56

Gary Moore's handicappers are in fine form at present and very few are finishing out the frame. This won a seller hard held last time and only 6lb higher. The fav of Nicholls doesn't look a star and I have a feeling Grasp may be able to take this.

Templer (£10 @ 8.4) (couldnt jump fences) National Trust (£10 win 9.4, £10 Place 2.8) (Highly regarded) may be value each way and make up the combination.

Total Staked: £200

3 in the last to win a nice placepot at Taunton. Left out Rajam as the Never so Blue units would go onto him. 4th, 5th and last.

I know this is a CSF thread and that having anything more than a small bet can knacker the dividend, but there are times when the Tote Exacta (wash your mouth out) should be considered. A couple of days ago I recommended Psychomodo at Betfred's early 5-2 on my tipping service, arguing that he was over-priced in what was effectively a two-horse race, especially as the forecast jolly, Lodge Lane, was a quirky individual who had yet to jump a hurdle in public. I decided to have a small saver on the Lodge Lane to beat Psychomodo CSF but, with both so well backed (11-8 Lodge Lane beat 6-4 Psychomodo) the forecast only paid 11-4, whereas the Exacta paid £5.90. I did a similar thing at Leicester yesterday, knowing that Mokum finds diddly-squat for pressure and doesn't quite stay 3m I backed him to run second to Surfboard in the 2.10 - as both were well backed (11-4 and 11-2) the Exacta, which was showing at £32+ shortly before I put my pony on, looked set to offer better value than the CSF (how the devil did Mokum consent to finish third - never mind!).

On the subject of Bet365 - their 'early price' forecasts are massive value if you think the two horses involved will shorten. 12 months ago to the day I had a £50 reversed forecast on Irish Raptor (1st at 6-1) and Heltornic (second at 11-2) in a seven-runner novice handicap chase at Newbury. The CSF paid £36.82 (Exacta £30.80) but the Stoke-based mug hunters were offering early prices of 10-1 and 8-1 (if memory serves) and offered 73.28 about the forecast. Happy days.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Dec 11 2007, 11:14 PM
There's a double for you - Scriptwriter and Kruguyrova in the nervous chase. She is a monster - was hellishly impressed with her at Kempton on her British debut. She would have won had she not jumped markedly left throughout the race - Paddy wasn't especially hard on her either. The filly looked a monster in the paddock, she's enormous and very well built, look like she would eat the lot of them that day.

Interestingly I remarked to connections that I didn't think they'd waste long over hurdles with her but was told that her likely target was the mare's final over hurdles. Trust me, this horse should win, and easily.

Kruguyrova runs at Plumpton in the 12.50. I genuinely cannot understand the betting for this race and I nearly cacked myself when I saw 5/1 in The RP. It doesn't look as if anywhere near that is going to be available but I was still happy to have a lump on at 11/4.

I know official ratings aren't everything and that Pauillac has been out and done the job over fences once already but Kruguyrova (given a BHA rating of 149 after her UK debut) gets 13lbs from Pauillac (rated 139) - so how can the latter be jolly?

If Shadow Leader's paddock notes are acurate (in summary - the filly is big), then this looks a good bet doesn't it?

It's an outstanding bet. I nearly choked when I saw the 5/1 forecast last night - along with the 7/2 forecast on Pangbourne. Pangbourne has rock solid form and although chasing will be his game he should be more than useful enough to win decent hurdle races as well.

Trust me, my paddock notes on this beast are accurate - she's incredible! She's not just big, she's powerful and very well built. She looks like a gelding and has a real "come and get me" attitude - swaggers around the paddock.

In fact she reminds me of Mely Moss - she'd be a similar type to him - tall, rangy and powerful.

So there's the double for today, folks! :D

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Dec 17 2007, 12:53 PM
Trust me, my paddock notes on this beast are accurate - she's incredible! She's not just big, she's powerful and very well built. She looks like a gelding and has a real "come and get me" attitude - swaggers around the paddock.

I have in my head an image of an equine version of Venus Williams.

Dare I say it's the new Darkness (only kidding).
Does look useful though and should make hay with the weight allowance for four year olds.
I'm sure Henderson will be delighted with It's A Dream.

Back