Daily picks.

snooky,frederick thegreat

These two could be well handicapped even though the second to snooky frederick thegreat had looked exposed,they ran against each other in november clocking 1m40.70 over the mile at swell.Later on the card desert creek carrrying a stone less won off 74 clocking 1m40.50 in a very competitive race fior horses rated upto 85.Snookys only been given a mark of 70 could be well in eventually winning with a bit in hand over fredericjk thegreat by 2ls,frederick the great is very interesting also he's only on a mark of 59 but his form at swell suggested that he was exposed.This run suggests the opposite that he could be extremely well handicapped,seems no reason to think it was false form with the later handicap only slightly faster.Certainly worth giving him a chance when dropped into handicap company and will be massively overpriced if those times work out.Snooky equally even off 70 and looks an improving type and maybe far better than current mark for richard fahey.Looking back at that maiden dewala was back in third has won three times since and is now rated 75 so that little insignificant maiden is looking good.Hopefully the books will underestimate these two and will be decent prices.

Last edited:
1pt trade snooky 5/1 lads

As above although looking very well in on the swell run and time his turf form on softer ground did not equal that run but will give him a chance as he looks so well in.If he doesn't go on the ground pretty sure he will be coming back to swell to pick up some handicaps,there are 5/6 in tomorrows race you could pick dolphin rock looks the most obvious last season still showing he can run well in this grade a second to ginger jack off this mark in john smiths mile.

Out at 4.6!!

Last edited:
1pt trade carragold 16/1 365.

Token bet on carragold doesn't run two races alike as has run well in better races but then followed that up with poorer runs in weaker races,has had a comeback run this season beaten alongway behind docs legacy.The last two seasons has won on second run back,tomorrow is off 70 last winning mark on that second comeback run.Mel brittain has a really good strike rate on the turf over 13% last season,don't usually look at things l;ike this to closely but thats very high for the quality of his horses.Silvestre de sousa rides and last season of the ten rides he took for mel brittain he won 50%,the race looks wide open the 16/1 looks overpriced now he's had a run.There is one in this race that could well be completely different class and that is sunnybridge lad his time over the mile here was very good wghen winning,but was very disappointing on twop subsequent runs.He looks a 90 horse on that run but will have to leave him tomorrow as fcast ground looks on the soft and he hasn't had a run for 179 days.

Out at 8.8!!

Last edited:
1pt trade snooky 5/1 lads

As above although looking very well in on the swell run and time his turf form on softer ground did not equal that run but will give him a chance as he looks so well in.If he doesn't go on the ground pretty sure he will be coming back to swell to pick up some handicaps,there are 5/6 in tomorrows race you could pick dolphin rock looks the most obvious last season still showing he can run well in this grade a second to ginger jack off this mark in john smiths mile.

Out at 4.6!!

Had a saver at 8s as well.;)pity about fcast.:cool:

Shame about the slow break Gigs.

I took Dolphin @ 3.9 and managed to get rid of half the Snooky bet @ 2.9 in running, then crapped myself when it started flying at the end.

Couldn't see anything in the race bar those from the draws 1,2 cracking start to the week,glad they both hit the frame as backed them ew as well with the 16 runners,everything else i had marked off was drawn 11+.

Last edited:
Nice one gigs. Got a decent saver at 7s on course. Snooky came out like a donkey otherwise I'm sure would have won

I was looking forward to Silly Billy back at Sthwll but thought 5/1 was a bit too tight last night, now its 3/1, a few in with a chance so will wait to see if he drifts out again.

1pt trade carragold 16/1 365.

Token bet on carragold doesn't run two races alike as has run well in better races but then followed that up with poorer runs in weaker races,has had a comeback run this season beaten alongway behind docs legacy.The last two seasons has won on second run back,tomorrow is off 70 last winning mark on that second comeback run.Mel brittain has a really good strike rate on the turf over 13% last season,don't usually look at things l;ike this to closely but thats very high for the quality of his horses.Silvestre de sousa rides and last season of the ten rides he took for mel brittain he won 50%,the race looks wide open the 16/1 looks overpriced now he's had a run.There is one in this race that could well be completely different class and that is sunnybridge lad his time over the mile here was very good wghen winning,but was very disappointing on twop subsequent runs.He looks a 90 horse on that run but will have to leave him tomorrow as fcast ground looks on the soft and he hasn't had a run for 179 days.

Had bombs running off this with dolphin rock and snooky:ninja:not a bad days work!!

Six silver lane has virtually no soft ground form stewart and has no winning form when leading a race,looks pretty blatant to me till back on the aw or decent ground.

Six silver lane has virtually no soft ground form stewart and has no winning form when leading a race,looks pretty blatant to me till back on the aw or decent ground.

She was owned by a girl I worked with. Can't go on soft ground.

Last edited:
jack dexter

Put him up numerous times last season and yesterday and as i was hoping was listed class,it maybe the case he will be group class.Today he gave them a 2-3l start off a slow pace was hanging for the last 2 furlongs and still won with a bit in hand beating a pretty decent field.Still lightly raced with 12 runs 50% of those he's won a new runner amongst the top class sprinters!!:ninja:

Have you had a look at the bet365 handicap on Saturday gigs? Any value in the 13/2 they have about Jack Dexter?

Doubt i'll even do the form unless the grounds a definite,at the moment supposedly good bit of rain expected so unlikely i would back him on that ground.

4:15 - CGC Events For Conference & Banqueting Handicap
Full result
1m, Class 3, £8,092.50

1 Sweetnessandlight 9/2
2 Croquembouche 12/1
3 Asatir 11/4F

NR: Dakota Canyon (IRE)

7 ran Distances: ½l, ½l, 3¼l
TIME 1m 42.66s (fast by 0.24s)
4:45 - In Loving Memory Of Alison Clark Maiden Stakes
Full result
1m, Class 4, £5,175.20

1 Sunnybridge Boy 100/30
2 Alraased 5/2J
3 All Time 5/2J

NR: Alaskan Prince (IRE)

6 ran Distances: shd, 4½l, 2l
TIME 1m 42.74s (fast by 0.16s

Sunnybridge lad

As i mentioned yesterday sunnybridge lad looked far better than his current mark of 75 infact looked extremely well handicapped after this win,the class 3 handicap run on the same night nly .08 quicker than the maiden time as above.Sunnybridge lad carrying 10 pound more than the 76 rated sweetnessandlight and that race had 80+ runners and 90 rated runners in it.The second from the maiden alraased has won since as well and was placed in a decent handicap off 90 to prime exhibit,sunnybridge has still only had the 6 runs and although very disappointing since would be mad not to have him on to fiollows on this run.Hopefully it will be the ground that brings him back to form as he looks ridiculously well handicapped if returning to that form.

Wouldv'e been the bet of the season friday was priced at 4/1 at wolves friday night,now its 4/1 to win tomorrow!:lol:Could sluice up but i i doubt i'll be betting tomorrow races are to competitive especially not knowing the ground.Hopefully something ,monday redcar,windsor and newcastle i'm sure the compilers will be a country mile out on those cards somewhere!!:lol:

All For Cash (Kim Bailey) 15.55 Uttoxeter. This one needs to run well as it is due to be entered at Doncaster sales. Ground coming right and unusually Dougie Costello rides for Kim. Was 25-1 I think although I don't really follow prices.

1pt trade choral festival 14/1 365 will back again if bigger
1pt trade significant move 10/1 365 will baxck again if bigger.

Choral festival runs well over this c/d 3/3/2/2/1/5/1/2 last run over this c/d was third off 73 in slightly better race with same jock on tomorrow off 72 claiming 5 beat o'ma lad last season off 68 at sandown on soft ground over 4ls back to the third.She was very consistent last season hardly running a bad race,this looks a slight drop in grade to most of her form she actually beat presburg priced at 10/1 tomorrow easily in their run over c/d on her lsst run here.If she's ready to run i wouldn't have her bigger than 8/1 in this race lots of ? against the other runners on turf ground trip etc.
Significant move was rated 80 last june has slipped to a mark of 68 doesn't look the easiest to win with but he also has been running in slightly better races will like the ground has run well at the track.Last run on turf was 3rd to the lockmaster at leicester,lockmaster recent third to eastern destiny at donny off 77,at some point significant point will win one of these off this mark!

Last edited:
12/1 ppower significant move Out at 7.0
16/1 choral festival ppower Out at 11.5!!

Last edited:
1pt trade the osteoptah 10/1 ppower!!

Am out at 7.4 a farce with the ground again now chanmged tio good maybe gdsft in places.

Last edited:
Back